website statistics

Winter Olympic Games 2018 Venues

21 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Hopefully they'll actually be there and it won't look like the world championships there again, that was a pretty sad sight :p (obviously my big Brazilian flag at the side of the course will lighten things up though :BRA )

Certainly it will be better :d That´s the olympics after all, for sure it will be better attended, and looking forward for the Brazilians fans group in the stands :d

So if I understood exactly you are envisaging to go to PyeongChang then, thats great another our reporter at place :thumbup: Just be careful to land in the correct Korea´s part :d

however also in the north they have amazing venues, I definitely would love to watch hockey in such arena and atmosphere :wub::d

Spoiler

Výsledok vyhľadávania obrázkov pre dopyt ice hockey in korea

3 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Certainly it will be better :d That´s the olympics after all, for sure it will be better attended, and looking forward for the Brazilians fans group in the stands :d

So if I understood exactly you are envisaging to go to PyeongChang then, thats great another our reporter at place :thumbup: Just be careful to land in the correct Korea´s part :d

however also in the north they have amazing venues, I definitely would love to watch hockey in such arena and atmosphere :wub::d

Hide contents

Výsledok vyhľadávania obrázkov pre dopyt ice hockey in korea

A venue like that is not fair...everyone is distracted by the magnificence shining down from those two photos of the great leaders :hearts:

And me going there depends entirely on a certain Brazilian biathlete qualfiying, if she does, I will go :p (and of course report on Totallympics and if it's in any way possible, get some special reports from inside the Olympic village :d ) 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

A venue like that is not fair...everyone is distracted by the magnificence shining down from those two photos of the great leaders :hearts:

And me going there depends entirely on a certain Brazilian biathlete qualfiying, if she does, I will go :p (and of course report on Totallympics and if it's in any way possible, get some special reports from inside the Olympic village :d ) 

so there only 2 words to say... GO BRAZIL !!! :BRA:cheer: we want our special reporter! :bounce::bounce:

6 minutes ago, hckosice said:

so there only 2 words to say... GO BRAZIL !!! :BRA:cheer: we want our special reporter! :bounce::bounce:

I'll let her know of the support, so she is even more willing to help with special reports :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

I hope to be there as well on the other end of media operations :p

Have you applied yet to go? I believe the accreditation system has opened up and expires rather quickly. 

23 minutes ago, intoronto said:

I hope to be there as well on the other end of media operations :p

Have you applied yet to go? I believe the accreditation system has opened up and expires rather quickly. 

You mean you will be there as an actual reporter if everything goes well? :d 

And seriously, ticket sales already almost expire? You can't even buy tickets in the Olympic season itself? :yikes:

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

You mean you will be there as an actual reporter if everything goes well? :d 

And seriously, ticket sales already almost expire? You can't even buy tickets in the Olympic season itself? :yikes:

Sorry I misunderstood you. I thought you were going to go there as a reporter (so you would need accreditation for that). Ticket sales start next year apparently. 

1 minute ago, intoronto said:

Sorry I misunderstood you. I thought you were going to go there as a reporter (so you would need accreditation for that). Ticket sales start next year apparently. 

No I didn't literally mean as reporter :p 

I would "report" from the Olympics if I'm there and through a certain Brazilian biathlete maybe get some inside reports from the Olympic village :d 

ALPENSIA SKI JUMPING CENTRE

ALPENSIA SKI JUMPING CENTRE

Sports: SKI JUMPING, NORDIC COMBINED (Ski Jumping Part), SNOWBOARDING (Big Air)

Cluster: Mountain

The Alpensia Ski Jumping Center is a 2 Ski Jumping Hills Complex located in the Alpensia Ski resort. Originally Build in June 2009 experienced some important additional constructions in last two years 2015 and 2016.

The venue will host all Ski Jumping events of the XXIII. Winter Olympic Games in PyeongChang 2018 (Men´s and women´s Normall Hill Individual events, men´s Large Hill Individual and Team event), The Center will be also the venue for the Nordic Combined Ski Jumping´s events (Individual Normall and Large Hill Gundersen Ski Jumping parts and the NC Team Event Ski Jumping part as well). The vunue will also host the debut of men´s and women´s Snowboardings Big Air competitions.

The capacity of the Alpensia Ski Jumping Center is 13.500 places (11.000 for seats and 2.500 for standing), The Center was originally planned to be the place of opening and closing ceremony, but later it was decided to schedule here only the Ski Jumping events. The venue proprose 2 Ski Jumping hills with different competition slopes posibilties 98m for a Normal Hill Competition and 125m for a Large Hill Competition.

Výsledok vyhľadávania obrázkov pre dopyt alpensia ski jumping center

Výsledok vyhľadávania obrázkov pre dopyt alpensia ski jumping center

PYEONGCHANG OLYMPIC STADIUM

https://c4.staticflickr.com/9/8660/28765670291_2f5c46612b.jpg

Sports: OPENING CEREMONY, CLOSING CEREMONY

Cluster: Mountain

The PyeongChang Olympic Stadium will be a temporary venue and will use only for the Opening and Closing Ceremonies of the XXIII. Winter Olympic Games in PyeongChang 2018. The Stadium will be a pentagonal arena in the precinct of PyeongChang Olympic Plaza near to the Alpensia Ski resort, The venue will also serve as the medal plaza during the games.

In the candidacy file of Pyeongchang 2018, the Opening and Closing Ceremonies were foreseen to take place in Alpensia Ski Jumping Stadium. This was a plan similar to the one of the 1994 Winter Olympics. However, in July 2012, the POCOG announced some changes in the venue plan and the ceremonies were moved to Hoenggye. The main reasons were organisational, with possible interference between the preparation of the ceremonies and the ski jumping training, and the weather conditions for the spectators.

The Stadium will be the final major Olympic venue to be completed, with end of construction expected in September 2017 In addition, next to the stadium will be an Olympic exhibition hall, as well as traditional food markets and other attractions, which will remain as heritage facilities. The Capacity of the Stadium will be 35.000 temporary seats.

http://www.leisureopportunities.co.uk/images/13378_996331.jpg