website statistics

Summer Youth Olympic Games 2018

Gianlu33

33 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

Results for American Archery CQT 

Girls: :BRA & :DOM, that gets the quota as Argentina finished second.

Boys::CUB & :CAN; Argentina's Julian Austin fulfilled the qualification conditions to achieve a host country quota

:ISV won the tournament the day before, but the qualifiers were held today and he missed out :cry:

Asian Cadet Wrestling, quotas in Women's wrestling (two sports per event)

43kg: :JPN:MGL

49kg: :JPN:UZB

57kg: :JPN:IND

65kg: :JPN:CHN

74kg: :JPN:UZB

Japan won gold in all Youth Olympics weights, :yikes: now they have to pick two weights ! they also held extra 3rd place matches between bronze medalists in case they needed a 3rd wrestlers to qualify in that weight.

and freestyle results. Iran qualified in 3 weights, which means they have to drop one of them

48kg: :UZB

55kg: :JPN

65kg: :IRI (2nd place :KAZ)

80kg: :IRI (2nd place :UZB)

110kg: :IRI (2nd place :IND)

personally I expect Iran to drop 80kg quota. it will also depend on other continent results. I would prefer to avoid Russia !

Edited by MHSN

• Quotas of African boxing 
  1. Women's -51 Kg: :NGR
  2. Women's -60 Kg: :TUN
  3. Men's -52 Kg: :ALG
  4. Men's -56 Kg: :MAR
  5. Men's -60 Kg: :EGY
  6. Men's -64 Kg: :MAR
  7. Men's -69 Kg: :MAR
  8. Men's -75 kg: :ALG
  9. Men's -81 Kg: :EGY
  10. Men's +91 Kg: :EGY

what i don't understand is the other 3 weight categories in women's side , they aren't matching with olympic weight categories so i don't know what Aiba will do to those players , anyway those are countries that won those categories :- 

1. Women's -54 kg: :MAR
  2. Women's -64 Kg: :TUN
  3. Women's -69 kg: :MAR
  4. Women's -48 Kg: :ETH

those're full results of Finals : http://www.frmboxe.ma/documentation/championnat_d_afrique_junior_2018/Resultats_Championnat_d_afrique_2018_Session5.pdf

Edited by thepharoah

apparently Iranian officials were told by AFC that they have to pick one team to send to YOG in Futsal. which Iran will pick the boys team for sure . I can't see that in official qualification documents. maybe AFC's internal rule ?! :mumble:

8 minutes ago, MHSN said:

apparently Iranian officials were told by AFC that they have to pick one team to send to YOG in Futsal. which Iran will pick the boys team for sure . I can't see that in official qualification documents. maybe AFC's internal rule ?! :mumble:

Nope, you can only qualify one team per sport as well. 

hace 8 minutos, intoronto said:

Nope, you can only qualify one team per sport as well. 

What? I thought that rule was only for the host.

For example, in 2014 USA played both rugby tournaments and new zealand played both in hockey as well.

14 minutes ago, LDOG said:

What? I thought that rule was only for the host.

For example, in 2014 USA played both rugby tournaments and new zealand played both in hockey as well.

It has changed apparently, I am not sure if its a set rule though. Canada wanted to enter both men and women's rugby sevens but chose men's field hockey because of this rule.