Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Gianlu33

Summer Youth Olympic Games 2018

thiago_simoes    256
1 hora atrás, thepharoah disse:

in Artistic Gymnastics Egypt and SA qualified in both genders , while Namibia qualified in Men and Algeria qualified in Women in the African Artistic Gymnastics championship which's taking place in Namibia , here u can find full results of the event : http://www.sagf.co.za/events/african-championships-namibia-2018/

But the Namibian gymnasts only performed on vault, and qualification is done through the all-around competition. If one male gymnast does not perform on all six apparatus, FIG will not consider their performance for the all-around competition. I mean, they only performed on vault, so if they actually qualified, they did it in less than five seconds. Bizarre.

thepharoah    342
34 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

But the Namibian gymnasts only performed on vault, and qualification is done through the all-around competition. If one male gymnast does not perform on all six apparatus, FIG will not consider their performance for the all-around competition. I mean, they only performed on vault, so if they actually qualified, they did it in less than five seconds. Bizarre.

well there's no official source for this info , that's what i though when i saw the rankings , but i didn't see that the Namibian gymnasts only performed on vault :yes

• Like 1

thiago_simoes    256
22 minutos atrás, thepharoah disse:

well there's no official source for this info , that's what i though when i saw the rankings , but i didn't see that the Namibian gymnasts only performed on vault :yes

FIG is full of stupid and useless rules, so I really don't know how they are going to deal with this situation. In 2014 they decided to establish a minimum score in the all-around competition: if a gymnast did not reach the minimum score, he or she would not qualify. Then, half of the planet (I'm not joking) did not reach FIG's minimum criteria, so they had to say 'screw it' and drop the system altogether.

• Like 1

bestmen    950
Posted (edited)

this is the list of the finalists of boxing , surprised to see Ethiopia in

180511074404892695.jpg

+91 KG

ELSAWY AWAD ELBAZ Ahmed EGY
BLUE BENHACINE Iheb TUN

and :fingers:

Spoiler

:ALG 

Edited by bestmen

mrv86    403

Results for American Archery CQT 

Girls: :BRA & :DOM, that gets the quota as Argentina finished second.

Boys::CUB & :CAN; Argentina's Julian Austin fulfilled the qualification conditions to achieve a host country quota

MHSN    385

Asian Cadet Wrestling, quotas in Greco-Roman

45kg: :IRI

51kg: :JPN

60kg: :UZB

71kg: :JPN

92kg: :IRI

intoronto    479
33 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

Results for American Archery CQT 

Girls: :BRA & :DOM, that gets the quota as Argentina finished second.

Boys::CUB & :CAN; Argentina's Julian Austin fulfilled the qualification conditions to achieve a host country quota

:ISV won the tournament the day before, but the qualifiers were held today and he missed out :cry:

MHSN    385
Posted (edited)

Asian Cadet Wrestling, quotas in Women's wrestling (two sports per event)

43kg: :JPN:MGL

49kg: :JPN:UZB

57kg: :JPN:IND

65kg: :JPN:CHN

74kg: :JPN:UZB

Japan won gold in all Youth Olympics weights, :yikes: now they have to pick two weights ! they also held extra 3rd place matches between bronze medalists in case they needed a 3rd wrestlers to qualify in that weight.

and freestyle results. Iran qualified in 3 weights, which means they have to drop one of them

48kg: :UZB

55kg: :JPN

65kg: :IRI (2nd place :KAZ)

80kg: :IRI (2nd place :UZB)

110kg: :IRI (2nd place :IND)

personally I expect Iran to drop 80kg quota. it will also depend on other continent results. I would prefer to avoid Russia !

Edited by MHSN

thepharoah    342
Posted (edited)
  • Quotas of African boxing 
  1. Women's -51 Kg: :NGR
  2. Women's -60 Kg: :TUN
  3. Men's -52 Kg: :ALG
  4. Men's -56 Kg: :MAR
  5. Men's -60 Kg: :EGY
  6. Men's -64 Kg: :MAR
  7. Men's -69 Kg: :MAR
  8. Men's -75 kg: :ALG
  9. Men's -81 Kg: :EGY
  10. Men's +91 Kg: :EGY

what i don't understand is the other 3 weight categories in women's side , they aren't matching with olympic weight categories so i don't know what Aiba will do to those players , anyway those are countries that won those categories :- 

1. Women's -54 kg: :MAR
  2. Women's -64 Kg: :TUN
  3. Women's -69 kg: :MAR
  4. Women's -48 Kg: :ETH

those're full results of Finals : http://www.frmboxe.ma/documentation/championnat_d_afrique_junior_2018/Resultats_Championnat_d_afrique_2018_Session5.pdf

Edited by thepharoah

MHSN    385

apparently Iranian officials were told by AFC that they have to pick one team to send to YOG in Futsal. which Iran will pick the boys team for sure . I can't see that in official qualification documents. maybe AFC's internal rule ?! :mumble:

intoronto    479
8 minutes ago, MHSN said:

apparently Iranian officials were told by AFC that they have to pick one team to send to YOG in Futsal. which Iran will pick the boys team for sure . I can't see that in official qualification documents. maybe AFC's internal rule ?! :mumble:

Nope, you can only qualify one team per sport as well. 

bestmen    950
Posted (edited)

what a joke only 2 quota in boxing , this federation of retards

Edited by bestmen