Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Gianlu33

Summer Youth Olympic Games 2018

hckosice    1,696
38 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I remember watching that and I liked it :d 

If canoe slalom was ever to disappear from the Olympics (I hope it doesn't, but you know, it's so insanely expensive for a few days of competition so I guess it's possible), this could be a pretty cool replacement :p 

nah, I hope it never happen :d

• Like 1

heywoodu    2,966
6 minutes ago, hckosice said:

nah, I hope it never happen :d

Obviously :p

But if it does, this would be a pretty cool event :p 

dcro    2,456
45 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I remember watching that and I liked it :d 

If canoe slalom was ever to disappear from the Olympics (I hope it doesn't, but you know, it's so insanely expensive for a few days of competition so I guess it's possible), this could be a pretty cool replacement :p 

Canoe slalom competitions do not require insanely expensive venues by default. :p

thiago_simoes    186
3 horas atrás, Gianlu33 disse:

Added :yes

Somehow you have mistaken Acrobatic for Aerobic. It's not Aerobic that was added to the program, it's Acrobatic Gymnastics. :d

Besides, there's the insane combined event. I agree with @heywoodu that this is really unnecessary, but FIG has apparently lost its mind over the past few months. 

LDOG    497

I will only buy tickets for serious events, nothing mixed between countries or between disciplines.

dareza    588
14 hours ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Here are most of the files containing the qualification pathways. Thanks to the Chinese Taipei Olympic Committee for hosting them.

All that is missing is football (futsal) and the sports recently added to the program; dancesport (break-dancing), karate and sport climbing.

and gymnastics and cycling as well :)

JoshMartini007    121

Here’s a list of eligible tripartite nations.

Basically if you qualified less than four athletes (not counting team sports; field hockey, football, handball and rugby sevens) at the last Youth Olympics then you are eligible. Sadly due to qualifying in 3x3 basketball Andorra, Guam and Syria are not considered to be tripartite nations.

Edit: Though to be fair Andorra should qualify in basketball again

Edited by JoshMartini007

JoshMartini007    121

Thanks to the Portuguese Olympic Committee here are the qualification documents for the 28 sports.

Now all we need is the three newly added sports (break dancing, karate and sport climbing).

The first qualification events will begin in April.