Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Gianlu33

Summer Youth Olympic Games 2018

LDOG    650

I will be visiting the rowing venue tomorrow, one of the nicest venues. 

Hopefully it will bring good luck to our team.

• Thanks 1

thiago_simoes    259
4 minutos atrás, LDOG disse:

I will be visiting the rowing venue tomorrow, one of the nicest venues. 

Hopefully it will bring good luck to our team.

I remember you writing that Brazil was doing terrible during the first week of the 2016 Olympics, and now Argentina has not had luck in the first few days so far... Is this a curse for South American Olympic hosts? 

LDOG    650
hace 3 minutos, thiago_simoes said:

I remember you writing that Brazil was doing terrible during the first week of the 2016 Olympics, and now Argentina has not had luck in the first few days so far... Is this a curse for South American Olympic hosts? 

Maybe it is. So far all 50/50 stuff hasn't gone in our favor. 

Buuut, deeper cause is probably economic strain and cuts in sport funding.

• Sad 1

mrv86    403

Another good day for Mexico, with a bronze in men's weightlifting and a silver in women's sabre :clap:

Also happy to have 2 semifinalists in 3 events in swimming, with one of them making to the finals in men's 50m backstroke, and also our rower qualifying to the semis s in single sculls :thumbup: and of course our women 3x3 winning their first two matches.

A little dissapointed by Cervantes in men's foil, because I was expecting a medal from him after a good pools round, but again he fails in the important match.

Edited by mrv86

thiago_simoes    259
1 hora atrás, LDOG disse:

Maybe it is. So far all 50/50 stuff hasn't gone in our favor. 

Buuut, deeper cause is probably economic strain and cuts in sport funding.

Tables turned now with the fist medals. But cuts in funding are affecting Brazilian athletes as well, and if Bozo becomes the new president, we'll be doomed (he plans to extinguish the ministry of sports).

intoronto    479
27 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

Tables turned now with the fist medals. But cuts in funding are affecting Brazilian athletes as well, and if Bozo becomes the new president, we'll be doomed (he plans to extinguish the ministry of sports).

And that meansall funding would be cut?