Jump to content

Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account


Gianlu33

Summer Youth Olympic Games 2018

Recommended Posts

Gianlu33    726
Summer Youth Olympic Games 2018

 

:ARG Buenos Aires (ARG) - 6 October 2018 - 18 October 2018 :ARG

 

030326rswk3xs3e3372e0z.png
 
Totallympics Results Thread
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gianlu33    726

Participating Nations

 

  • :ARG Argentina - 141
  • :EGY Egypt - 6
  • :RUS Russia - 5
  • :CHN China - 4
  • :KAZ Kazakhstan - 4
  • :THA Thailand - 4
  • :COL Colombia - 3
  • :TUN Tunisia - 3
  • :USA United States - 3
  • :UZB Uzbekistan - 3
  • :BRA Brazil - 2
  • :HUN Hungary - 2
  • :INA Indonesia - 2
  • :IRI Iran - 2
  • :ROU Romania - 2
  • :TUR Turkey - 2
  • :UKR Ukraine - 2
  • :VEN Venezuela - 2
  • :SRB Serbia - 2
  • :RSA South Africa - 2
  • :ARM Armenia - 1
  • :AZE Azerbaijan - 1
  • :BLR Belarus - 1
  • :BUL Bulgaria - 1
  • :CHI Chile - 1
  • :TPE China Taipei - 1
  • :ECU Equador - 1
  • :GER Germany - 1
  • :GEO Georgia - 1
  • :ITA Italy - 1
  • :JPN Japan - 1
  • :MEX Mexico - 1
  • :NGR Nigeria - 1
  • :PRK North Korea - 1
  • :PUR Puerto Rico - 1
  • :VIE Vietnam - 1
Edited by Gianlu33

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LDOG    442

The list says "Badminton 3x3", I think it's Basketball 3x3 and Badminton separately.

 

Also isn't Hockey actually Hockey 5s?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gianlu33    726
1 hour ago, LDOG said:

The list says "Badminton 3x3", I think it's Basketball 3x3 and Badminton separately.

 

Also isn't Hockey actually Hockey 5s?

For the badminton it's a mistake, i'm sorry.

I haven't idea if it is hockey or hockey5s :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thiago_simoes    136

Acrobatic Gymnastics was also added to the program, as well as a Mixed Team event consisting of combined scores from Artistic, Rhythmic, Trampoline and Acrobatic Gymnastics.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
intoronto    308
5 hours ago, Gianlu33 said:

For the badminton it's a mistake, i'm sorry.

I haven't idea if it is hockey or hockey5s :(

It is field hockey 5's

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
heywoodu    2,372
8 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

as well as a Mixed Team event consisting of combined scores from Artistic, Rhythmic, Trampoline and Acrobatic Gymnastics.

 

Ah come on, why do they want to mix absolutely everything at the youth Olympics? :lol:

 

This is almost like that useless cycling competition that's a mix of a few athletes doing all kinds of things that have nothing to do with their actual discipline. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dcro    2,090
54 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Ah come on, why do they want to mix absolutely everything at the youth Olympics? :lol:

 

This is almost like that useless cycling competition that's a mix of a few athletes doing all kinds of things that have nothing to do with their actual discipline. 

 

Well, it really doesn't seem that IOC wants YOG to be a serious competition...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
heywoodu    2,372
2 minutes ago, dcro said:

 

Well, it really doesn't seem that IOC wants YOG to be a serious competition...

Exactly, and that's such a shame. I mean, it's a perfect opportunity to experiment with things (the cross-country cross in Lillehammer was really quite awesome) and I have no problem with that. My problem is with all the useless mixing of events and men/women and adding mixed competitions in every damn sport :p 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hckosice    1,434
49 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Exactly, and that's such a shame. I mean, it's a perfect opportunity to experiment with things (the cross-country cross in Lillehammer was really quite awesome) and I have no problem with that. My problem is with all the useless mixing of events and men/women and adding mixed competitions in every damn sport :p 

 

or the top of the top...canoe slalom on flatwater which they called canoe-kayak obstacles :crazy:

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
heywoodu    2,372
15 minutes ago, hckosice said:

 

or the top of the top...canoe slalom on flatwater which they called canoe-kayak obstacles :crazy:

 

I remember watching that and I liked it :d 

 

If canoe slalom was ever to disappear from the Olympics (I hope it doesn't, but you know, it's so insanely expensive for a few days of competition so I guess it's possible), this could be a pretty cool replacement :p 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gianlu33    726
10 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

Acrobatic Gymnastics was also added to the program, as well as a Mixed Team event consisting of combined scores from Artistic, Rhythmic, Trampoline and Acrobatic Gymnastics.

 

Added :yes

8 hours ago, intoronto said:

It is field hockey 5's

Fixed :yes

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×