website statistics

Summer Youth Olympic Games 2018

Gianlu33

3 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

No they’ll have to run 125m, dodging hurdles at the 35m, 65m, 110m mark. Then shot a football into a goal. Use parkour to get over a wall. Break dance thier way through a club. Dive out of the club’s window. Swim to thier boat. Shoot a water polo ball into a goal. Get in thier boat, slide down a ramp while shooting a pistol at a target. Then paddle a 250m course through rapids, and finally dock thier boat get out a throw a javelin through the wheel of a bicycle. Mixed of course 

Don't give them ideas!

4 horas atrás, mrv86 disse:

:champion: Yes Gold for Randall Willars in men's 10 platform :clap: Great final round for him, not perfect, but good enough to medal, especially with judges awarding scores as they wanted, very irregular 

Scoring in diving is very open-ended. This is why I don't like diving, even though I love gymnastics. You can't dish out scores as you want in gymnastics; it has to follow a specific code of points where each and every deduction is clearly noted. It's not perfect, but at least it's not as crazy as diving is.

Edited by thiago_simoes

3 minutes ago, konig said:

Well, the organization of the YOG pays Coca Cola 35 $ million of argentinian pesos to be the sponsor of the YOG 2018........i never heard something like this.

That does sound weird. Coca Cola has the rights so not sure why they paid them. In exchange they probably got free coca cola bottles for volunteer meals etc.

Ok I've read the article and if I got the facts correctly, in Argentina there's a prohibition to advertise and hand out sodas to children and teenagers due to health concerns because of their sugar and sodium levels.

So a NGO requested the Argentinian judicial system a precautory meassure to declare unconstitutional and annul a public contract between the city's covernment and Coca Cola, by which the former agreed to pay Coca Cola $35 million local currency to allow them to distribute their product during the Games refering to it as a "hidratation" service :lol:

According to the article the court's (IDIOTIC & UNLAWFUL) ruling stated:

1) that Coke's products weren't covered by said health prohibition. :facepalm:

2) that the judicial system could not enforce the city to apply those restrictions since this was a power reserved to the legislative branch. :zip:

3) and finally, that to annul the contract would damage the development of an international event like the YOG's :lol:

So in summary, this corrupt pathetic excuse of a judge basically and plainly stated that law is to be ignored by private economic interest. That my friends in Latin American constitutional theory of the XXth and XXIst centuries at its best.

1 hour ago, thiago_simoes said:

Scoring in diving is very open-ended. This is why I don't like diving, even though I love gymnastics. You can't dish out scores as you want in gymnastics; it has to follow a specific code of points where each and every deduction is clearly noted. It's not perfect, but at least it's not as crazy as diving is.

I agree, judging is very open and subjective... however, as with gymnastics, each element of the dive shall be performed according to the rules; yet as you correctly point out, it would be better if each of those elements were given a value, and then deductions taken if not perfect