website statistics

Summer Youth Olympic Games 2018

Gianlu33

4 minutes ago, intoronto said:

For 2022 in Dakar, athletes will need to swim to their boats first before starting the course.

No they’ll have to run 125m, dodging hurdles at the 35m, 65m, 110m mark. Then shot a football into a goal. Use parkour to get over a wall. Break dance thier way through a club. Dive out of the club’s window. Swim to thier boat. Shoot a water polo ball into a goal. Get in thier boat, slide down a ramp while shooting a pistol at a target. Then paddle a 250m course through rapids, and finally dock thier boat get out a throw a javelin through the wheel of a bicycle. Mixed of course 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

No they’ll have to run 125m, dodging hurdles at the 35m, 65m, 110m mark. Then shot a football into a goal. Use parkour to get over a wall. Break dance thier way through a club. Dive out of the club’s window. Swim to thier boat. Shoot a water polo ball into a goal. Get in thier boat, slide down a ramp while shooting a pistol at a target. Then paddle a 250m course through rapids, and finally dock thier boat get out a throw a javelin through the wheel of a bicycle. Mixed of course 

NOTHING would prevent me from witnessing this. :bowdown:

#banbestmen

21 minuti fa, MHSN ha scritto:

I think in Karate (unlike wrestling for example) all qualified athletes are pretty good. there are only 2-3 weak athletes in general. they wanted the best here not all continents represented probably they had their own reason. they have few chances to show Karate to the world and IOC and they didn't want one-sided matches here.

I believe they will use the same format in Tokyo but except we will have a bronze medal match there. even though I'm not sure. that's just my guess based on the format they have for the World Games

as far as I know, for the Tokyo Games they have proposed a format that sounds like this: 2 groups of 5 fighters (round robin), then the group winners go directly to the Gold medal match and the second and third from each group go to a repechage round (2A vs 3B and viceversa), the winner of that play for bronze...

but right now it's only a proposal, the final decisions about the olympic format have yet to be taken (I know that the Italian federation have expressed their dislike for this format, they would prefer to have the top 2 in each group going to the semifinals...the group stage in any case seems to be sure with only 10 starters)...

Wow, seeing Fernando Espindola in the men's vault final not being able to start in his home Youth Olympics with some sort of injury...that is heart breaking :cry:

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

:champion: Yes Gold for Randall Willars in men's 10 platform :clap: Great final round for him, not perfect, but good enough to medal, especially with judges awarding scores as they wanted, very irregular 

Also congrats to our girl race walker for that silver and our girl boxer for securing Mexico's 12th medal. :clap:

Too bad our archer today got the "Serrano-Valencia" syndrome and totally failed in the most important round, still she's very good for being only 15 years old.

Just now, thepharoah said:

Egypt won gold and silver in MP mixed international relay event , that's what we can call total domination by Egyptian athletes to Modern pentathlon here :bowdown:

Great talents... hope they got more support and continue their success as juniors and seniors.

Very impressive job in this sport from Egypt :thumbup: