website statistics

Summer Youth Olympic Games 2018

Gianlu33

Canada still has a few more medal opportunities though it looks like we'll finish without gold for the second games in a row. We should still win the most medals out of nations without a gold medal (especially if Brazil wins gold in futsal)

23 minutes ago, Vojthas said:

If not, you have chance for gold and silver ;) Though not to the Egyptian classification.

they could have the last ranked athletes at the end , so nothing guaranteed :d and ofc what i care most is medals table it's a pity that in some sports there're national doubles and in others there're mixed ones , but this's YOG :d

27 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

they could have the last ranked athletes at the end , so nothing guaranteed :d and ofc what i care most is medals table it's a pity that in some sports there're national doubles and in others there're mixed ones , but this's YOG :d

Salma with Franco Serrano (ARG), Ahmed with Chinese Yewen Gu. Full draw attached.

44050124_314944922634416_2492896862248370176_n.jpg

1 hour ago, thepharoah said:

@MHSN do u have photos for medal ceremony of wrestling today ? 

IAWF.ir (Iran wrestling) usually posts photo gallery from the competition but most probably tomorrow. not now after midnight :d

you also can check UWW instagram page tomorrow (if you didn't know that yourself)

Iran Olympic committee website posted few pictures of today. the whole podium for 65kg but for 110kg. only our wrestler almost in tears on 2nd place !

It looks Jessica will finish her career :(

Her father and coach said after the match

Judging in this sport is not fair and strongly envisage the end in this sport:
  "I'm disappointed and Jessica too. Jessica was mentally hurt when the referee twice counted her in the last round and when suddenly the ref decided to stop the match, it totally demotivated her. The Thai girl was fast and strong, but Jessica won the first round, her opponent was better in the second, but in the third the referee decided to take the game in his own hands and totally derailed Jessica with his decisions and counting, few seconds later he just stopped the match.

I'm done with boxing and I do not want Jessica continue to box, I'm her father, I do not want she continue to box, but if she´ll still wants to, I´ll support her, it is our first Olympics, it is well organized and I like it here. "

and here gone our biggest sport talent of the last years...

Ahora, hckosice said:

It looks Jessica will finish her career :(

Her father and coach said after the match

and here gone our biggest sport talent of the last years...

If her problem is with the judging then she should just turn pro. It's not excempt from scandals either but it isn't anything like the joke of aiba.

10 minutes ago, LDOG said:

If her problem is with the judging then she should just turn pro. It's not excempt from scandals either but it isn't anything like the joke of aiba.

I did not see the match, so I really do not want to comment on it.

The draw was really unlucky for her, her opponent is definitely very good, so it is how it is. It is sport, sometimes you need luck.

The truth is that I have never heard from them in the past any sore "excuses" because bad refereeing or anything else after the losing games (in fact there were not many loses, she maybe lost three matches in whole her career including the yesterdays one), so maybe there a bit of truth in what they said and in their such strong words resulting in very serious considerations to completely end up with boxing at only 17 for a 3 times reigning European champion and a still unbeaten girl in Europe.