website statistics

Summer Youth Olympic Games 2018

Gianlu33

The trampolinist gymnast from China won the gold medal even with a fall. :sick: I hate it when something like this happens. She had the best execution by far, but in my opinion a fall should heavily affect one's score, regardless of how well they have done in their routines.

Just now, thiago_simoes said:

The trampolinist gymnast from China won the gold medal even with a fall. :sick: I hate it when something like this happens. She had the best execution by far, but in my opinion a fall should heavily affect one's score, regardless of how well they have done in their routines.

i was really sad for he that she'll lose the gold byt then i was really surprised that they gave her gold medal :d , but she was the best by far except this mistake 

and Karimi lost to Azerbaijan as expected. only silver here. :( this is our first (and hopefully last ) defeat in wrestling in this YOG.

Iran actually qualified 3 freestyle wrestlers but had to pick 2. 110kg was no question but they had to pick between 65kg world bronze medalist (who lost 8-2 in SF to Azerbaijan) or 80kg silver medalist who lost 7-6 to Russia in the final (later upgraded to gold but they didn't know that at the time they had to pick)

and in a very stupid decision they picked up 65kg wrestler who lost easily 6-1 today. the only reason they didn't pick Ghiasi at 80kg was what happened at the end of this match. that was kind of punishment . he was leading 6-2 with 10 seconds to go and made a dumb mistake . and with this. Iran just easily threw away a possible gold. :(