website statistics

Summer Youth Olympic Games 2018

Gianlu33

4 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

they didn't do anything also in cadet WCH , i don't think this's just a bad luck in the draw 

that's right but you also can't compare of the level of WCH with here. in World Champs we have something like 20 wrestlers in each weight. half of them are good to win a medal. while here we have 6 and there are 1 or 2 very weak wrestlers in each weight. of course this is still hard to win the gold because we have top 2 of the world in each weight but sometimes the 3rd medal goes to someone not-that-good.

I mean in this level of the competition. Egypt deserved at least 1 or maybe 2 medals in wrestling.

8 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

where did u watch the match ? 

No where, I was looking at the scores. Two judges had Canadian 30-27 when I looked but it has changed (so probably an error).

Looks like they changed the boxing format as well for boys'

The best two qualified boxers are seeded and will compete first in the Preliminary Round 2. There is a random draw for the four other boxers (unseeded) for the Preliminary Round 1. The winners of the Preliminary Round 1 will progress to the Semifinals; the losers will box against the seeded boxers in the Preliminary Round 2. The winners of the Preliminary Round 2 will progress to the Semifinals; the losers will box for fifth place. The losers of the Semifinal bouts will compete for the bronze medal, and the winners will advance to the final bout. The winner is awarded the gold medal and the loser the silver medal.