website statistics

Summer Youth Olympic Games 2018

Gianlu33

1 minute ago, mrv86 said:

@MHSN you think Mexican wrestler has a good shot at bronze against the one from Egypt?

hard to say since we can't see anything :d but If I had to make a prediction now I would expect Mexico to win the bronze. he is Pan American Champion after all.

48 minutos atrás, MHSN disse:

The system of naming in Iran is exactly the same as western countries. only first name and surname (which comes from father). nothing from the mother's family name

BUT sometimes surnames are more than one part. in this case people only and only use the first part because the second part is usually something uncommon and weird for example in this case. you can't find even one report in Iran mention him as Hajlari or Bohloulzadeh-hajlari. he is just Bohloulzade (there should be a H at the end too) probably his grand grand father comes from a village "Hajlar"

Iranians didn't use surnames like some other middle eastern countries (Pakistan for example) but almost 100 years ago the former king of Iran (Reza Shah) trying to westernize Iran forced everybody to pick a surname. and most people also put their village/town at the end of their surnames. this is only used for official documents . people NEVER use that in their normal life. of course there are some exceptions . some people prefer to use the 2nd part of their surnames. but in 99% cases this is just the first part.

Thank you for the explanation. :bowdown: It was really comprehensive.

And as a side note, the International Gymnastics Federation is quite pleased with Bouhlouzadeh as a picture with him on the podium is on the front page of their website (and here is the link to the full article about yesterday's finals). 

10 minutes ago, MHSN said:

hard to say since we can't see anything :d but If I had to make a prediction now I would expect Mexico to win the bronze. he is Pan American Champion after all.

:d Thanks for the answer... cross my fingers now; a good measure is that he didn't get crushed by the Russian, but again I don't know too much about this sport, except that we've improved a little in greco thanks to Cuban coaches.

25 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

our wrestling team is a total trash , so he has a chance ofc , but i think our wrestler will win :d

I really don't think so. you were a bit unlucky here. your 45kg wrestler was very unlucky with the draw. he could win a medal if he was in other group. and your 92kg wrestler was unlucky as well that UWW awarded wild card (or whatever else you can call it) to Turkey ! and from what I heard there were controversial calls in that TUR-EGY match. that could be a silver for Egypt.

and even today your 65kg freestyle almost beat our wrestler :d the final score was just 6-5 ! we will see what you can do in 110kg bronze medal match but losing 10-0 to Zare is not a disaster. Zare is a monster. "experts" in Iran already consider him a huge talent.

24 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

Thank you for the explanation. :bowdown: It was really comprehensive.

And as a side note, the International Gymnastics Federation is quite pleased with Bouhlouzadeh as a picture with him on the podium is on the front page of their website (and here is the link to the full article about yesterday's finals). 

:yes you are weclmoe and btw here is his instagram page

thanks I just read that. he had every right to be extremely happy. this medal was completely unexpected . if I had to make a list of our medal chance here. I would put Gymnastics at the bottom of it.

we also had a 4th place finish (also in pommel horse) at the Asian Games. so maybe they are improving a bit in this sport (or at least in pommel horse :d  ) btw Gymnastics is the only Olympic sport in Iran (or probably the only sport but I'm not sure) with a woman as the president for the federation.

19 minutes ago, MHSN said:

I really don't think so. you were a bit unlucky here. your 45kg wrestler was very unlucky with the draw. he could win a medal if he was in other group. and your 92kg wrestler was unlucky as well that UWW awarded wild card (or whatever else you can call it) to Turkey ! and from what I heard there were controversial calls in that TUR-EGY match. that could be a silver for Egypt.

and even today your 65kg freestyle almost beat our wrestler :d the final score was just 6-5 ! we will see what you can do in 110kg bronze medal match but losing 10-0 to Zare is not a disaster. Zare is a monster. "experts" in Iran already consider him a huge talent.

they didn't do anything also in cadet WCH , i don't think this's just a bad luck in the draw