website statistics

Summer Youth Olympic Games 2018

Gianlu33

Two back to back gold medals for Iran in taekwondo :d:clap: Ashkevarian's gold medal was expected even though he won the final by the narrowest possible margin but Valinejad surprised me big time. she was underdog in both semifinal and final but somehow found a way to win both matches with a unique technique I NEVER saw from Iranians before. in final she scored 5 spinning kicks which means 20pts and she won it 23-17 !! this Serbian girl beat her twice this year in World Juniors and Olympic Qualifiers but she just didn't know how to stop the spinning kicks.

the last time (and only time) an Iranian girl won the Youth Olympics she went to win an Olympic medal as well (Iran's only medal for women at the Olympics) of course I don't see Kimia Alizadeh's potential in Valinejad but who knows. this is only the 2nd medal for Iranian girls at the Youth Olympics (which is also the 2nd gold)

btw and that was funny they played a silly (but fun) Persian music at the stadium after the 2nd gold :d

40 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Two back to back gold medals for Iran in taekwondo :d:clap: Ashkevarian's gold medal was expected even though he won the final by the narrowest possible margin but Valinejad surprised me big time. she was underdog in both semifinal and final but somehow found a way to win both matches with a unique technique I NEVER saw from Iranians before. in final she scored 5 spinning kicks which means 20pts and she won it 23-17 !! this Serbian girl beat her twice this year in World Juniors and Olympic Qualifiers but she just didn't know how to stop the spinning kicks.

the last time (and only time) an Iranian girl won the Youth Olympics she went to win an Olympic medal as well (Iran's only medal for women at the Olympics) of course I don't see Kimia Alizadeh's potential in Valinejad but who knows. this is only the 2nd medal for Iranian girls at the Youth Olympics (which is also the 2nd gold)

btw and that was funny they played a silly (but fun) Persian music at the stadium after the 2nd gold :d

Great performance by Valinejad... after knocking out the Mexican girl with an amazing return, I was rooting for her. I admire for her true courage :bowdown:

Well, another day, another bronze for Mexico, but I'm not clag with the mediocre display of our competitor in the semi, which in no way discredits the amazing performance by the eventual champion from Iran.

Also dissapointed by our women's hockey team and both of our artistic gymnast, who threw a rather decent performance to end missing out the AA final.

Serbia was very close to reaching a historical final on men's horizontal bar in gymnastics. The Serbian gymnast placed 9th and was only 0.033 behind the last qualifier. This is literally the smallest margin of difference possible in an individual apparatus in this competition. Bummer...

Watching the table tennis...did they forget some microphones? There is (literally) no sound from the balls being hit and bouncing on the table, that's so annoying, table tennis should have that familiar defining sound :lol:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

13 hours ago, stefanbg said:

B-boy Bumblebee is smashing it on Channel 04 :cheer:

Loved Bumbleboy:d ....... enjoyed breaking ........certainly after sports climbing my favourite new sport .................

Edited by nitinsanker

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

Why is there a stage 1, stage 2 and a stage 2 - heat 1 of the 5000m race walk? :nopompom:

RrmdtVo.png

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!