website statistics

Summer Youth Olympic Games 2018

Gianlu33

Только что, phelps сказал:

I agree...

p.s. actually, I would get rid of this combined event that doesn't have anything to do with the Sport Climbing (it's just a new format invented to get into the Olympic program, but no athlete likes it and thinks it's a good format)...

Sport Climbing has always been, is and probably always will be only about the 3 single disciplines (Lead, Boulder and Speed...in order of importance and prestige)...

may be. but for the IOC 6 events is too much

48 minutes ago, phelps said:

sure...their top athletes already think about the real Olympic medals at this age (especially in sports like swimming and gymnastics, where you normally can excel at a very young age)...

so, why wasting their energy and time for such a meaningless (for what concerns the real sport stuff) festival like this?

I mean...for those who are participating it's surely a great life experience, but the actual sport competition is almost senseless...I don't want to say it's a farce, but we're really close to that...

if USA who are no1 in sports in world dont take a competition seriously then this competition cant be reliable in terms of results. It is sth like "boycott"

Adesso, George_D ha scritto:

if USA who are no1 in sports in world dont take a competition seriously then this competition cant be reliable in terms of results. It is sth like "boycott"

I wouldn't call it a Boycott...it's just lack of interest mixed with some typical arrogance and sense of superiority towards the "minor" events...

they also take the senior world champs just as a needed passage towards the real Olympic Games (the only thing that matters for most of them)...

2 minuty temu, George_D napisał:

It's not a "boycott" or anything like this. It's just youths competition. The same athletes who are not in Argentina probably would not start in Junior World Championships. It's because they are at senior competition right now. Why they should start with young once? It's a step back.

Edited by Col_Frost

I have watched several beach handball matches lately and two things have caught my attention about the rules of this previously unknown sport (to me):

1- the set system is so stupid! you lose the first set by even 1 point and you already know that you can only win the match by undergoing a very narrow skill contest like the shoot-out. It's a massive psychological disadvantage for the loser of 1st set. A normal accumulated scoring system like in indoor handball would be much more fair IMO.

2- So far our men's team has gone through 3 shoot-outs and won all three. The thing is, for some reason I don't know, all our opponent teams so far have chosen to remain with the keeper in goal during the SO, while our team has always chosen to play it with an outfield player in order to block the shot. Our team so far has shoot 15 penalties (5x each of the 3 shoot-outs) and scored all of them with double point!!

I really don't get it... our strategy just seems too obviously the better one for this type of shoot-out yet only our team does this? I don't see how leaving your keeper to receive a point blank jump shot in the face is seen as a good strategy in this sport. Maybe those teams just have that much confidence in their keeper?:mumble:

2 minuty temu, LDOG napisał:

I have watched several beach handball matches lately and two things have caught my attention about the rules of this previously unknown sport (to me):

1- the set system is so stupid! you lose the first set by even 1 point and you already know that you can only win the match by undergoing a very narrow skill contest like the shoot-out. It's a massive psychological disadvantage for the loser of 1st set. A normal accumulated scoring system like in indoor handball would be much more fair IMO.

2- So far our men's team has gone through 3 shoot-outs and won all three. The thing is, for some reason I don't know, all our opponent teams so far have chosen to remain with the keeper in goal during the SO, while our team has always chosen to play it with an outfield player in order to block the shot. Our team so far has shoot 15 penalties (5x each of the 3 shoot-outs) and scored all of them with double point!!

I really don't get it... our strategy just seems too obviously the better one for this type of shoot-out yet only our team does this? I don't see how leaving your keeper to receive a point blank jump shot in the face is seen as a good strategy in this sport. Maybe those teams just have that much confidence in their keeper?:mumble:

I agree that set system is stupid and have no idea why it's even here. In beach volleyball there are sets, because they are in indoor volleyball. In 3x3 basketball are normal points, like 5x5 basketball. In hockey 5's are goals, in rugby sevens tries etc. But I disagree that loosing first set is so big psychological disadventage. In beach handball matches often ends with penalties, you noticed that yourself. So it's not that stressful like for example in football. It's like lose first set in beach volleyball. It's not end of the world. You only have to win a second one and then a tie-break.