website statistics

Summer Youth Olympic Games 2018

Gianlu33

Why do multi-sport events always have these useless golf scoring formats? :mad: 

Spoiler

cK4pCC5.png

Just showing 'Par total' and 'Total' is useless. When a round is finished it's ok, but when it's live it is utterly useless if you don't know at which hole a certain player is.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Только что, Col_Frost сказал:

Lettner is a champion! :yikes:

Ties are broken by: 1. In case of ties after the Final, ties are broken by the ranking in each discipline (e.g. if athlete A has beaten athlete B in two of the three disciplines, athlete A will be ranked first) 2. If any athletes remain tied, ties are broken by the combined ranking after Qualification 3. If they remain tied, the athlete with the lower bib number will be ranked first.

no, wait...

what????

they said :AUT Lettner won Gold ahead of  :SLO Lukan and :AUT Lammer won Bronze ahead of :GER Meul...

what the hell of rules are they using????? :yikes::hyper::mumble::facepalm::wall:

as I wrote before, this event under a pure sport point of view is an absolute FARCE!!!!! :pope:

Edited by phelps

The 'participating is more important than winning' award of the day goes to Jordan Thompson of Nigeria.

dVejPLi.png

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Przed chwilą, FC Mezhgorye napisał:

Ties are broken by: 1. In case of ties after the Final, ties are broken by the ranking in each discipline (e.g. if athlete A has beaten athlete B in two of the three disciplines, athlete A will be ranked first) 2. If any athletes remain tied, ties are broken by the combined ranking after Qualification 3. If they remain tied, the athlete with the lower bib number will be ranked first.

Thank you. That explains everything.

Edited by Col_Frost

Adesso, FC Mezhgorye ha scritto:

OK, thanks...I just forgot that they started to use this special fuc*in' tie-breaker for the combined event...:red::facepalm:

that makes sense for ranking purposes...still, it's a sh*t of a tie-breaker...

Только что, phelps сказал:

OK, thanks...I just forgot that they started to use this special fuc*in' tie-breaker for the combined event...:red::facepalm:

I don't like numbers 2 and 3. I would just give a medal to both athletes

Przed chwilą, phelps napisał:

I don't know about that. Combined events are about universality, not about win one part and be last at the second one. So I think comparison of ranking in each discipline should be more important than numbers of wins. But it's my opinion.

Adesso, FC Mezhgorye ha scritto:

I don't like numbers 2 and 3. I would just give a medal to both athletes

I agree...

p.s. actually, I would get rid of this combined event that doesn't have anything to do with the Sport Climbing (it's just a new format invented to get into the Olympic program, but no athlete likes it and thinks it's a good format)...

Sport Climbing has always been, is and probably always will be only about the 3 single disciplines (Lead, Boulder and Speed...in order of importance and prestige)...