website statistics

Summer Youth Olympic Games 2018

Gianlu33

1 hour ago, thiago_simoes said:

the Olympic cauldron looked like an urinal.

Please it looks like a dumpster fire. I think this might be the first modern Olympic cauldron that I can recreate in my backyard 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Agora, Olympian1010 disse:

Please it looks like a dumpster fire. I think this might be the first modern Olympic cauldron that I can recreate in my backyard 

When the cauldron was lit, the opening they used to lit the flame was at crotch height and I could swear the guy would urinate inside the cauldron when the ceremony was over.

Just now, thiago_simoes said:

When the cauldron was lit, the opening they used to lit the flame was at crotch height and I could swear the guy would urinate inside the cauldron when the ceremony was over.

Well I guess we know how they’ll extinguish the flame at the closing then. However it will be controversial because both a man and woman will have to urinate on the flame

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

4 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

Some of the comments by the official commentators made me cringe, like stating that Bolivia is one of the two landlocked countries in South America or that the United States do well at the Olympics but they don't perform well at the Youth Olympics.

I mean, is this the best they could say about these nations? Really?

Quite odd indeed, about Bolivia they might for example also say they are one of the worlds worst nations ever in the Olympics looking at a combination of population numbers and results :evil:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 hours ago, intoronto said:

It probably is his last day, because different companies usually produce opening/closing

Even if the same company produced it, it would be his last day...since there apparently is no closing ceremony if I understood it correct here :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 hours ago, Mkbw50 said:

No surrender

Thanks for your support for the Dutch TISC participation.

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Even if the same company produced it, it would be his last day...since there apparently is no closing ceremony if I understood it correct here :p 

There is one, but its at the village with all the protocol stuff (handover, speeches etc.) Its only scheduled for 30 mins.

3 minutes ago, intoronto said:

There is one, but its at the village with all the protocol stuff (handover, speeches etc.) Its only scheduled for 30 mins.

Efficient programming.

10 minutes ago, dcro said:

I swear I read here that many plan to boycott the Opening ceremony. Interesting. :p

There's a difference between boycott or just not watch it :d