website statistics

Summer Youth Olympic Games 2018

Gianlu33

The torch is lit, not a fan of it though. Loved the ceremony and the concept. Camera angles sucked, but the show was the best YOG opening Ceremony I’ve watched

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Can’t wait to wake up at 5:00AM (my time) for the first day of action. Nothing says fun like tennis and breaking Preliminaries

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

My comments about the opening ceremony:

The good: it was a nice idea to take the ceremony to the streets and they made good use of the obelisk. I also liked the fact that athletes from every nation paraded together, and that the ceremony was short. Not charging for tickets was also a great move. The official song is nice too (for the first time a song for the Olympics doesn't bore me to death before it's over the first time I listen to it). 

The bad: the parade of flags was rushed to the point we could barely see the athletes, the costumes used by the dancers were terrible, the lighting was bad overall and sometimes we could barely see what was going on.

The ugly: the camera angles were annoying, the whole "this guy, olympian, one bronze medal" thing was annoying, the pillow fight when athletes were marching in made no sense at all, the Olympic cauldron looked like an urinal.

Overall, not a bad ceremony, but a terrible job from the director.

50 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

The ugly: the camera angles were annoying, the whole "this guy, olympian, one bronze medal" thing was annoying, the pillow fight when athletes were marching in made no sense at all, the Olympic cauldron looked like an urinal.

giphy.gif