website statistics

Summer Youth Olympic Games 2018

Gianlu33

On 9/24/2018 at 12:14, Olympian1010 said:

I’m so pumped!!! It looks like the NBC Olympic Channel will broadcast the games on actual TV here in the US, or at the very least the opening ceremony and various highlights. :thumbup:

In Indonesia it clashes with Asian Para Games so.... nothing :(

3 hours ago, Griff88 said:

In Indonesia it clashes with Asian Para Games so.... nothing :(

Does it mean we will have TV coverage for that ? not that I'm "very interested" in Asian Para Games but still impressive job from the organizers. I have to admit despite all other problems the TV coverage was pretty good during the Asian Games comparing to Incheon and Guangzhou (except no TV coverage for Rowing and Canoeing)

I'm quite sure we won't see any of this YOG in Iranian sport channels. they are now very busy with European football (and also our stupid football league) :wall: but if there is TV coverage for Asian Para Games which will be at the morning (and no conflict with European Football Leagues) , that's more possible.

23 hours ago, MHSN said:

Does it mean we will have TV coverage for that ? not that I'm "very interested" in Asian Para Games but still impressive job from the organizers. I have to admit despite all other problems the TV coverage was pretty good during the Asian Games comparing to Incheon and Guangzhou (except no TV coverage for Rowing and Canoeing)

I'm quite sure we won't see any of this YOG in Iranian sport channels. they are now very busy with European football (and also our stupid football league) :wall: but if there is TV coverage for Asian Para Games which will be at the morning (and no conflict with European Football Leagues) , that's more possible.

They appointed the state broadcaster TVRI with another private-owned TV to produce the event broadcast. Earlier this year they claimed that the broadcast will be available internationally IF there are other countries which are willing to broadcast the Games...

I tried to email the APC, let's see whether they will reply or not

quick queston .......mixed team NOCs in shooting, TT ................are they formed of teams if the individual NOC does not have the opp gender player or is it forceably formed if the other gender is present i.e if I have a shooter in both mens 10m rifle and womens 10m rifle will I have to form a mixed team forceably or Can i get to first choose my partner from my own country 

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

7 minutes ago, nitinsanker said:

quick queston .......mixed team NOCs in shooting, TT ................are they formed of teams if the individual NOC does not have the opp gender player or is it forceably formed if the other gender is present i.e if I have a shooter in both mens 10m rifle and womens 10m rifle will I have to form a mixed team forceably or Can i get to first choose my partner from my own country 

Last time they were mixed randomly, for example the male air pistol winner was mixed with the last ranked in the female event and so on...Youth Olympics at their finest

I can finally start to see the stream schedule on the Olympic Channel. It’s gonna be a fun week for Olympian

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela