website statistics

Summer Youth Olympic Games 2018

Gianlu33

Draw of hockey 5s:  http://www.fih.ch/events/youth-olympic-games/3rd-youth-olympic-games-m/news/fih-reveals-pools-and-match-schedule-for-youth-olympic-games-2018

Tomorrow is the draw for beach handball and apparently Argentina will be participating in both genders unlike I thought! (which is great because both our teams were u18 wch bronze medalists). It seems that international federations can twist the team sport quota rules at their will... we will participate in all team sport events except girls rugby and futsal.

25 Uruguayan athletes will compete at the 2018 Summer Youth Olympics:

• Rowing:  Martín González
  • Swimming: Santiago Saint-Upery (100 m breaststroke)
  • Athletics: Bruno Yoset  (long jump), Dahiana López (discus).
  • Beach volleyball: Josefina Vargas / Victoria Corbacho.
  • Sailing: Cecilia Coll / Ignacio Regusci (Nacra 15)
  • Team sports: women's field hockey, men's beach handball.

Team Slovakia is still not finalized yet. So far we have 33 athletes, but according the NOC we may expect this number to increase, just yesterday we got two more reallocations for Alex Barto in Judo and Sebastian Cabala in Weightlifting

Right now we are 33 and will compete in 11 individual sports and 1 team sport (Boys Futsal)

more detailed info to come...once we will finalized the whole team

41222075_2030384747006826_47866141136335

In Poland neither - I base on English Wikipedia and the news from some NFs, but just few gives updates about YOG. Field hockey - yesterday they gave nominations to athletes, but nobody wrote a roster, just some clubs that are proud of their youth Olympians gave a few names.

On 04/09/2018 at 16:08, thiago_simoes said:

Brazil will send 81 athletes, a smaller number compared to 97 athletes in 2014. Full list of athletes (names of the sports are in Portuguese) here.

Good team but the potential for medals is so low this time. But I guess the YOG is not really about winning :rolleyes:

4 horas atrás, vinipereira disse:

Good team but the potential for medals is so low this time. But I guess the YOG is not really about winning :rolleyes:

I believe we'll get 5/6 medals overall, a bleak prospect compared to 6 gold medals/13 medals overall in 2014.

In 2014 we had three medals in gymnastics, but this time we have absolutely no chance in women's artistic gymnastics (not even a miracle) and a very, very low chance of a bronze medal in men's artistic gymnastics. Other than that, we have to rely on the usual sports: beach volleyball, judo, swimming and futsal. I believe we have outside chances in equestrian and table tennis, and who knows what might happen in athletics, boxing and cycling. But you're right, our medal chances will be very low.