website statistics

Summer Youth Olympic Games 2018

Gianlu33

On 13/5/2018 at 18:58, intoronto said:

It has changed apparently, I am not sure if its a set rule though. Canada wanted to enter both men and women's rugby sevens but chose men's field hockey because of this rule. 

Reading the Futsal qualification process, it sais you can qualify both teams :dunno:

Shooting quotas from the americas:

10m air pistol

boys - :MEX:CAN (first 3 places were for Mexicans, Canada 4th)

girls - :MEX:COL 

10m air rifle

boys - :MEX:ARG 

girls - :MEX:CHI (Argentina won the event but already used host quota in this one)

These countries should get shooting reallocations (15 nations without a quota). However, I am not clear on the system.

:JPN 

:MGL 

:AUT 

:TUR 

:UZB

:KAZ

:LAT

:DEN

:ROU

:SRI

:CRO 

:INA 

:MDA

:EST 

:KUW 

Note: USA would have gotten a reallocation, but I don't think they are interested in sending a team in shooting.

For those interested in new sports the final qualifiers for break dancing will happen this weekend.

Here are the entries

Looking at the website it appears no tripartite invitations was given (since they advertised 11+Argentina boys and girls will qualify) which is weird as there are a couple of tripartite nations that have made the finals. I guess the NOC didn't know about them. Also due to continental requirements Australia will qualify one of their boys while South Africa's Jordan has already qualified. No athletes from Africa and Oceania are competing in the girls' events.

I wonder if at the Olympics they will be referred to by their real or stage name.