website statistics

Summer Youth Olympic Games 2018

Gianlu33

hace 2 horas, MHSN said:

Iran and Japan qualified to the final of AFC women's futsal championship and therefore qualified for the Youth Olympics

Japan also has the Girls Rugby qualifiyed, so they have to choose what to send.

If they choose to discart Rugby, the place would go to :CHN , who already has girls handball and hockey to choose from, so propably they'll reject their Rugby and it would go to third placer :KAZ 

If they choose to discart futsal, the 3rd place winner would take it (still to play between :THA and :VIE ). Thailand already has beach handball girls team qualifiyed.

In conclusion, a lot of realocation is coming from Asia.

29 minutes ago, Jur said:

Japan also has the Girls Rugby qualifiyed, so they have to choose what to send.

If they choose to discart Rugby, the place would go to :CHN , who already has girls handball and hockey to choose from, so propably they'll reject their Rugby and it would go to third placer :KAZ 

If they choose to discart futsal, the 3rd place winner would take it (still to play between :THA and :VIE ). Thailand already has beach handball girls team qualifiyed.

In conclusion, a lot of realocation is coming from Asia.

With the major push for rugby going on in Japan right now, I would not be surprised to see take the rugby quota and discard the futsal one

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

in Artistic Gymnastics Egypt and SA qualified in both genders , while Namibia qualified in Men and Algeria qualified in Women in the African Artistic Gymnastics championship which's taking place in Namibia , here u can find full results of the event : http://www.sagf.co.za/events/african-championships-namibia-2018/

Edited by thepharoah

1 hora atrás, thepharoah disse:

in Artistic Gymnastics Egypt and SA qualified in both genders , while Namibia qualified in Men and Algeria qualified in Women in the African Artistic Gymnastics championship which's taking place in Namibia , here u can find full results of the event : http://www.sagf.co.za/events/african-championships-namibia-2018/

But the Namibian gymnasts only performed on vault, and qualification is done through the all-around competition. If one male gymnast does not perform on all six apparatus, FIG will not consider their performance for the all-around competition. I mean, they only performed on vault, so if they actually qualified, they did it in less than five seconds. Bizarre.

34 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

But the Namibian gymnasts only performed on vault, and qualification is done through the all-around competition. If one male gymnast does not perform on all six apparatus, FIG will not consider their performance for the all-around competition. I mean, they only performed on vault, so if they actually qualified, they did it in less than five seconds. Bizarre.

well there's no official source for this info , that's what i though when i saw the rankings , but i didn't see that the Namibian gymnasts only performed on vault :yes

22 minutos atrás, thepharoah disse:

well there's no official source for this info , that's what i though when i saw the rankings , but i didn't see that the Namibian gymnasts only performed on vault :yes

FIG is full of stupid and useless rules, so I really don't know how they are going to deal with this situation. In 2014 they decided to establish a minimum score in the all-around competition: if a gymnast did not reach the minimum score, he or she would not qualify. Then, half of the planet (I'm not joking) did not reach FIG's minimum criteria, so they had to say 'screw it' and drop the system altogether.

Results for American Archery CQT 

Girls: :BRA & :DOM, that gets the quota as Argentina finished second.

Boys::CUB & :CAN; Argentina's Julian Austin fulfilled the qualification conditions to achieve a host country quota