website statistics

Summer Youth Olympic Games 2018

Gianlu33

23 hours ago, bestmen said:

the world ranking of badminton is qualifying ,but  i don't know  how :whistle:

http://bwfbadminton.com/rankings/1/bwf-junior-rankings/1/men-s-singles/2018/17/?rows=25&page_no=1

China can send 2 girls since they have 2 athletes in top 4. The others will only send 1 each gender.

6 hours ago, bestmen said:

what about Africa any chance ?:whistle:

Currently Algeria has a girl in a qualification position. Should Africa not be given any spots in the boys' tournament through the tripartite commission then Egypt will qualify by having the highest ranked athlete from the continent.

On 2018-04-28 at 12:23, LDOG said:

Hockey Asia

Boys - :IND & :MAS 

Girls - :IND & :CHN 

Hockey Oceania

Boys - :AUS:VAN:SOL 

Girls - :AUS:VAN 

:SOL will have to pick between their futsal and hockey boys' teams (I'm inclined to think they will choose futsal to be honest). If they decline the hockey quota, then it will go to the 3rd team of Asia.  :AUS will also have to choose between boys' hockey or rugby 7. I have no idea what would happen if both nations decline the hockey quota (maybe :PNG 4th and last place finisher in Oceania qualifiers would receive a quota?).

This is insane. A random draw decides who gets a third qualifier.

hace 12 minutos, intoronto said:

This is insane. A random draw decides who gets a third qualifier.

Yes, and the draw outcome was the worst possible haha. Oceania getting a third quota when basically only AUS & NZL play this sport and in girls Africa which is the weakest continent. Anyway, I think it's likely that these island nations give up the quota due to lack of funds (it happens all the time in hockey World league).

Edited by LDOG

37 minutes ago, LDOG said:

Yes, and the draw outcome was the worst possible haha. Oceania getting a third quota when basically only AUS & NZL play this sport and in girls Africa which is the weakest continent. Anyway, I think it's likely that these island nations give up the quota due to lack of funds (it happens all the time in hockey World league).

I believe for the Youth Olympics, there are travel grants given.

Badminton qualifiers have been updated except for host nation and universality places..

Wiki has been updated too: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Badminton_at_the_2018_Summer_Youth_Olympics

The list can still change of course due to rejection. Anyway Indonesia's quota in girls' singles might be rejected due to 'age controversy'.