website statistics

Summer Youth Olympic Games 2018

Gianlu33

I know most people are focused on the Winter Olympics, but I've been collecting qualification dates and results for the Youth Olympics. Overall I'm up to date on most things except for the continental quotas for athletics and an official word as to the top 16 nations in swimming (though that's less important). I also don't have the quotas for BMX freestyle, but the qualification event was such a flop I think the UCI has to recreate something different.

I'm also still looking for the qualification dates for the following continental qualifiers.

* Athletics (Africa, Asia, Europe, Oceania)

* Beach Volleyball (Africa, Asia/Oceania)

* Boxing (Africa, Asia)

* Futsal (Africa, CONCACAF, South America)

* Rhythmic Gymnastics (Asia)

Boxing should be little trouble, I'm just waiting for AIBA's calendar to update. I suspect Asia's rhythmic gymnastics qualifiers will be revealed soon. I think Africa's athletics qualifiers will be at the African Youth Games.

European U18 Athletics Championships will be at the beginning of July (5-8) in Győr, where the EYOF took place last year. I don't know if it's the qualification event, but it might be this.

Edited by Vojthas

• 2 weeks later...

Today African wrestling championship started in Nigeria , as Cadet events for Greco Roman and Female wrestling took place and here're nations who guaranteed to qualify after today's events :- 

• Men's Greco Roman :- 
  1. :EGY - 2
  2. :ALG - 2
  3. :TUN - 2
  4. :NGR - 1

• Women's Freestyle Wrestling :- 
  1. :EGY - 2
  2. :NGR - 2
  3. :MAR - 1
  4. :TUN 1

• 3 weeks later...

More rugby news: Canada has qualified for both boys and girls competition, however they may leave the boys quota as they are aiming to qualify in Hockey next week. If they reject the quota, it will go to USA.

Edited by LDOG

4 hours ago, LDOG said:

More rugby news: Canada has qualified for both boys and girls competition, however they may leave the boys quota as they are aiming to qualify in Hockey next week. If they reject the quota, it will go to USA.

They will reject. Canada has already selected men's field hockey and women's rugby