website statistics

Rugby Discussion Thread

OlympicIRL

34 minutes ago, LDOG said:

World Cup Play-off 2nd leg: :URU defeats :CAN 32-31 at home qualifies for 2019 World Cup.

:CAN will now go to repechage tournament for final place (probably against :HKG:KEN and either :RUS or :ESP )

Its surprise for me, i really dont expect to see this kind of improvement of the uruguayan rugby in 4 years.

16 hours ago, konig said:

Its surprise for me, i really dont expect to see this kind of improvement of the uruguayan rugby in 4 years.

The Canadian men have been pretty bad recently. Still give Uruguay credit, their improvement allowed them to defeat us. I don't have hope to win the repechage, it'll likely go to the European team.

3 hours ago, JoshMartini007 said:

The Canadian men have been pretty bad recently. Still give Uruguay credit, their improvement allowed them to defeat us. I don't have hope to win the repechage, it'll likely go to the European team.

Not long time ago, Canada was the second country of the continent.....but U.S.A improve a lot too in a few years, so Canada pass to be the second to the fourth in a few years in a very logic sport, i agree with you about the repechage, its not impossible of course.

1 minute ago, konig said:

Not long time ago, Canada was the second country of the continent.....but U.S.A improve a lot too in a few years, so Canada pass to be the second to the fourth in a few years in a very logic sport, i agree with you about the repechage, its not impossible of course.

Funding for the men's sevens team (which indirectly helps the 15s team) was stopped after the team failed to reach the Olympics. 15s receives no funding whatsoever so as other nations continue to develop we'll be left behind.

2 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Funding for the men's sevens team (which indirectly helps the 15s team) was stopped after the team failed to reach the Olympics. 15s receives no funding whatsoever so as other nations continue to develop we'll be left behind.

The develops countrys are too severe with their athletes when they dont have cicunstancials good results for me, this is another example.

Spain defeated Russia in Krasnodar today 20-13 to move a huge step closer towards a first World Cup appearance since 1999!

This means next weekend's tie against Romania in Madrid is set up as a potential showdown to see who will qualify for Japan 2019. There is only a single point between the teams at the moment.

Edit: the below table is incorrect, Romania should be on 20 points, Spain on 17 and Russia on 10.

DVr44AkX0AIeusQ.jpg

Edited by OlympicIRL