Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Sign in to follow this  
bestmen

Road Cycling 2016 Discussion Thread

heywoodu    2,362
2 minutes ago, hckosice said:

ok. maybe there a bit of true in this...but still it´s just the start of the season and 6 podiums is already fine, but not for Peter ofc, he count only the wins..

Of course his results so far are more impressive than mine :p

But the way he gave away victory again today...it happens so damn often :( 

Honestly I'm starting to remember him more as someone who always gives away victories, "the eternal 2nd place finisher" than the guy who wins a lot of races :p 

Edited by heywoodu

hckosice    1,429

and the things are normal again..;) congrats maestro !

Agger    296
19 minutes ago, hckosice said:

and the things are normal again..;) congrats maestro !

Everything has been as normal. Afterall he only won 2 victories before may last year! ;)

heywoodu    2,362

Nothing is normal today. Another crash with a motorbike! Antoine Demoitié (BEL) of Wanty-Groupe Gobert is today's victim in Gent-Wevelgem and according to his team he is in "extremely serious" condition in the intensive care unit. Another Belgian cyclist has even already said "RIP Antoine" on Twitter, suggesting he has died...so far his team hasn't confirmed that..

Edited by heywoodu

hckosice    1,429
14 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Nothing is normal today. Another crash with a motorbike! Antoine Demoitié (BEL) of Wanty-Groupe Gobert is today's victim in Gent-Wevelgem and according to his team he is in "extremely serious" condition in the intensive care unit. Another Belgian cyclist has even already said "RIP Antoine" on Twitter, suggesting he has died...so far his team hasn't confirmed that..

this is terrible :cry:

heywoodu    2,362
5 minutes ago, hckosice said:

this is terrible :cry:

To be fair, it looks like it's not the fault of the motor rider. Eye witnesses apparently said Demoitié fell and then got hit by a motorbike who couldn't avoid him anymore. 

OlympicIRL    845
2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

To be fair, it looks like it's not the fault of the motor rider. Eye witnesses apparently said Demoitié fell and then got hit by a motorbike who couldn't avoid him anymore. 

That's just terrible :cry:

Agger    296

Seems like media hasn't heard about it. Keeping my fingers crossed for him. :(

heywoodu    2,362
Just now, Agger said:

Seems like media hasn't heard about it. Keeping my fingers crossed for him. :(

Belgian media announced his death a while ago, but that was just based on the other cyclist (David Boucher). After that, his team wrote a tweet saying he is in "serious condition".

OlympicIRL    845
12 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

This source seems to be suggesting it has been confirmed by some family members....

http://www.cyclismactu.net/news-carnet-noir-antoine-demoitie-decede-sur-gand-wevelgem-57518.html

Until it's officially announced, I'm hoping beyond hope that it won't be true.

The report linked in my last message has now been updated to say nothing has been confirmed. I'm still hoping.