website statistics

Road Cycling 2016 Discussion Thread

bestmen

10 minutes ago, Quasit said:

And yet I bet they gladly treat Orlando Ortega as one of their own.

UK athletes must be the most hated on this forum. :lol:

I don't care that Froome is a British athlete and/or born in Kenya or whatever. I really, really don't like Froome. Wouldn't like him if he was Spanish, Colombian, Dutch or British, I don't like him. At all :)

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

hace 9 minutos, Quasit said:

And yet I bet they gladly treat Orlando Ortega as one of their own.

UK athletes must be the most hated on this forum. :lol:

I'm actually very fond of the non-cyclists brits, tbh.

But come on, Sky is pretty much the evil empire and the olympic omnium and keirin non-sanctions deserve all the hate they got.

7 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I don't care that Froome is a British athlete and/or born in Kenya or whatever. I really, really don't like Froome. Wouldn't like him if he was Spanish, Colombian, Dutch or British, I don't like him. At all :)

Why is he so unlikeable?

#banbestmen

26 minutes ago, dcro said:

Why is he so unlikeable?

His excruciatingly boring style of riding sucks the fun out of every race he ever enters, watching the races in which he is in shape is like slowly, but very painfully feeling the life being drained out of your very soul. Apart from that I'm not a major fan of riders who came from absolutely nowhere to dominating grand tours (remember Froome is the guy who got punished for holding on to a car in a Giro climb because he simply couldn't stay upright not even a year before that Vuelta where he finished 2nd behind Cobo and his magical Saunier Duval-juice). 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

hace 14 minutos, heywoodu said:

His excruciatingly boring style of riding sucks the fun out of every race he ever enters, watching the races in which he is in shape is like slowly, but very painfully feeling the life being drained out of your very soul. Apart from that I'm not a major fan of riders who came from absolutely nowhere to dominating grand tours (remember Froome is the guy who got punished for holding on to a car in a Giro climb because he simply couldn't stay upright not even a year before that Vuelta where he finished 2nd behind Cobo and his magical Saunier Duval-juice). 

With his head down always checking his watts while his stormtroopers protect him. BORINGGGG.

3 minutes ago, dcro said:

Not true, one of my favourite athletes is British eventer Piggy French (that name :hearts:) :p

Though she doesn't compete much recently :(

I don't follow equestrian but that's an interesting name for sure. :d

Stopped watching sports, there are better things in life.

Michael Gogl (Tinkoff), Danilo Wyss (BMC), Gatis Smukulis (Astana), Tom Stamsnijder (Giant - Alpecin), Sergey Lagutin (Katusha), Jelle Wallays (Lotto Soudal), Yves Lampaert (Etixx - Quick Step), Vegard Stake Laengen (IAM Cycling), Valerio Conti (Lampre - Merida), Stéphane Rossetto (Cofidis), Cesare Benedetti (Bora-Argon18) and Romain Cardis (Direct Energie) 

Today's lead group, who are going to fight for the stage win since they're already 20 minutes ahead of the peloton. Just to underline how the entire Vuelta is going so far: mediocre riders winning stages because nobody cares about reeling them back in. It's like it's the Tour of West-Flanders or something instead of a Grand Tour :p 

By the way, with the Vuelta being dominated by mediocre riders winning from early breakaways, you'd expect LottoNL-Jumbo to be there most of the time...but they manage to miss even these chances :facepalm:

Edited by heywoodu

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Today's lead group, who are going to fight for the stage win since they're already 20 minutes ahead of the peloton. Just to underline how the entire Vuelta is going so far: mediocre riders winning stages because nobody cares about reeling them back in. It's like it's the Tour of West-Flanders or something instead of a Grand Tour :p 

Nice win for Conti, don't judge. :p Deserved to have a moment, after all the work he did for Ulissi in the Giro. 

Edited by Federer91

Gesink's victory today is easily the result that moves me the most of any cycling result this year...after all the shit he has been through, breaking bones, his father dying right when he was getting back on track, breaking more bones, repeat...so very much deserved:cry: