website statistics

Road Cycling 2016 Discussion Thread

bestmen

Valverde must be an alien. :d It is not physically possible to be in form from february to september and at 36 non the less. He is doing his third GT of the year and was again in the front on that brutal last climb. If he manages another top 10 finish, i just can't with this guy. :hatoff:

Why is almost every stage won by semi-unknown riders? :d 

On the Dutch forums I'm already reading calls to "scrap this Vuelta from the history books, because this is just shit" :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

hace 25 minutos, heywoodu said:

Why is almost every stage won by semi-unknown riders? :d 

On the Dutch forums I'm already reading calls to "scrap this Vuelta from the history books, because this is just shit" :p 

Disagree 100%. We're actually getting the race we didn't in that boring as fuck TdF. 

25 minutes ago, carivan said:

Disagree 100%. We're actually getting the race we didn't in that boring as fuck TdF. 

Some stages have been alright, but most stages were just big disappointments..like today. Some years ago one of the most epic stages was held here and now it's just an anti-climax when Jens Keukeleire of all places winning the stage. 

At least the stages won by Quintana and Froome were worth watching even though I would have no problem if the memory of Froome winning any stage would be surgically removed from my brain. 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

hace 13 minutos, heywoodu said:

Some stages have been alright, but most stages were just big disappointments..like today. Some years ago one of the most epic stages was held here and now it's just an anti-climax when Jens Keukeleire of all places winning the stage. 

At least the stages won by Quintana and Froome were worth watching even though I would have no problem if the memory of Froome winning any stage would be surgically removed from my brain. 

The one thing I will say about Froome, I confess I do enjoy reading the Spanish press and seeing how they refer to him as "the african"/"the kenyan" and refuse to give the UK any mention. That's the only thing he does for me.

30 minutes ago, carivan said:

The one thing I will say about Froome, I confess I do enjoy reading the Spanish press and seeing how they refer to him as "the african"/"the kenyan" and refuse to give the UK any mention. That's the only thing he does for me.

And yet I bet they gladly treat Orlando Ortega as one of their own.

UK athletes must be the most hated on this forum. :lol:

Stopped watching sports, there are better things in life.