website statistics

Totallympics Open International Song Contest 2016

8 minutes ago, bestmen said:

if Rob Thomas :USA  represents another nation , so you can post the song of Leona Lewis she is able

2. (b) In the case of bands, at least 50% of the band must be born in or be of the same nationality as the nation for which they are participating OR they should have more or equal association with that nation.

Just now, Agger said:

2. (b) In the case of bands, at least 50% of the band must be born in or be of the same nationality as the nation for which they are participating OR they should have more or equal association with that nation.

there are many dancers :ALG  in the clips (band) of Madonna so she is able to represent :ALG

also Celine dion could represent France because Goldman :FRA  wrote her lyrics

:yes@Agger

The thing with Santana is discussable, though. As Santana is the band (Carlos Santana being the guitarist). They mainly have american members from what I remember.

The song Smooth isn't a duet from a mexican (Carlos Santana) and an american singer (Rob Thomas) but is a song of the band SANTANA featuring Rob Thomas. (he is a guest, despite has co-wrote the song with Itaal Shur)

The real question is:  can we considering the band SANTANA Mexicans? (tough question :mumble: Formed in 1967 the band has many changes through the years)

if YES the song is OK,

if NO: all the band's songs won't rappresent :MEX in these song contests

Edited by Henry_Leon

Well, purely in terms of "nationality" clearly for me it's more american than mexican... but the thing is that the concept of "association" included in the rules pretty much leaves everything up to subjectivity (how can you measure "association"?). And yeah, I personally associate this band with Mexico more than USA, because the most relevant musician in it is mexican.