website statistics

Rowing 2016 Discussion Thread

MantaRaymarc

13 minutes ago, Bearas said:

FISA congress decided to remove LM4- and replace it with W4-. The decision is not finalized yet and there is going to be a second voting in February to accept the changes.

Great, remove one of the most exciting boats and replace it with one that just isn't competitive. Great.

W4- had a grand total of 5 boats at the last year's Worlds, with USA winning the title by 6 seconds...

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

34 minutes ago, Bearas said:

FISA congress decided to remove LM4- and replace it with W4-. The decision is not finalized yet and there is going to be a second voting in February to accept the changes.

I would vote to dissapear the Eights... I know it's an historical boat, but come on, there are less than 10 countries that have active crews in them, not to count that because of the size it will hard to see more than eight boats featured in the Olympics.

5 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

I would vote to dissapear the Eights... I know it's an historical boat, but come on, there are less than 10 countries that have active crews in them, not to count that because of the size it will hard to see more than eight boats featured in the Olympics.

Eights are almost similar to those weird gymnastics events from early Olympics which had a lot of people in the team.

#banbestmen

On 30/08/2016 at 20:28, dcro said:

Great, remove one of the most exciting boats and replace it with one that just isn't competitive. Great.

W4- had a grand total of 5 boats at the last year's Worlds, with USA winning the title by 6 seconds...

It was a discussion to ether remove LM4- or remove M2x. :facepalm:

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The extraordinary congress of FISA in february seems to be the decider for the lightweight four.

The FISA council wants the men's lightweight four out giving place for a women's four.

:AUS:CAN:CHN:DEN and :SUI (apparently supported by the Asian federation) wants to remove the men's four to give place for a women's leightweight four.

Edited by Agger

27 minutes ago, Agger said:

The extraordinary congress of FISA in february seems to be the decider for the lightweight four.

The FISA council wants the men's lightweight four out giving place for a women's four.

:AUS:CAN:CHN:DEN and :SUI (apparently supported by the Asian federation) wants to remove the men's four to give place for a women's leightweight four.

im tired to see this stupidity of the "equal gender" when there are a lot more mans who practice this, and the most part of the sports, than womens.

Edited by konig