website statistics

United States National Thread

wpwells

2 hours ago, Rossolympia said:

Hello there fellow Americans, I’m new here and I’m just wondering around getting a feel of things. What can we talk about on the National threads?

Hello and welcome to Totallympics!

National Threads are threads used to gather users from the same nation (while the rest of the forum is international) to talk about all sports in a single thread. They were started so that users can write in their national language, but in your case the language will be the same of the rest of the forum :p

Also, National Threads are being replaced by clubs, which allow to have a complete sub-forum, with different sections and threads, instead of a single thread.

You can see an example of a recently launched club here for German users: https://totallympics.com/clubs/20-team-d/

I think that now that the :USA community on Totallympics is getting bigger we can create the US club where you can talk about US sports, athletes, Olympic qualifications etc. What do you think?

Also tagging @Olympian1010 @AlexDSSF @American1998 @Americaneagle@bmo @Bob Gambardella @Catdog @Csapo@davidpeterson @dcmdtruefan@dezbee2008 @esube @Games and Rings @jake33 @James65@Jason@Jax@John Foyne@nickp1991@Maxim Fastovsky@mhbj11@talyn530@wpwells@Triplecast  @04444thenagain@ACratone@Ben Wheeler@Anthony@Eddie@hickeykt@Hector Lopez@lookAlive24@lotsip@msu42@Nobody@OlymFan74@owenp_23@PandaCat@Susannah@pjwasz@Quaker2001@Rdbc@RP Gambardella@RobtheAggie@TheMeem@Sarah@Tophwilliams

It would be nice to have some of these users back on the forum to follow the qualifications to Paris 2024 and all other events, and creating a club could be a good occasion to be back here :yes

For the club, we would need a user who would like to be the "owner" of the club so if someone is interested please let me know so I can help you to set it up (it is really easy, you will basically just decide which sections to have, the logo etc.)

Edited by Sindo

On 4/14/2023 at 2:37 PM, Rossolympia said:

Hello there fellow Americans, I’m new here and I’m just wondering around getting a feel of things. What can we talk about on the National threads?

The national threads are mostly dead in favor of individual clubs. We could discuss starting a club for US users @NearPup @owenp_23 @dezbee2008 (and the others that don’t immediately come to mind).

Maybe some sort of “USA and Friends Club,” so we can support Team USA and the overseas autonomous NOCs :ASA:GUM:ISV:PUR

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

54 minutes ago, Rossolympia said:

That all sounds great. Who gets to start the clubs? Would I be able to do it myself?

I’m working on setting it up now. @Sindo needs to approve it though (and maybe help with the formatting).

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

The club has been set up by @Olympian1010: https://totallympics.com/clubs/22-team-usa-and-friends/

I have invited all :USA users, hopefully some of you will come back on the forum and some more will join in the future! @Olympian1010 will be the admin but I'm sure if any other users has some idea on how to improve the club, will be free to do so.

Enjoy it!