website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2016 Live Streaming Channels and Blogs

2016LiveStreamingChannels.png

I think most of us would love to catch the best TV live streaming channels. I have always been extremely grateful for some of the suggestions and links given which helped me catch some of the live streaming action in odd events, heats and also twitter feeds and blogs of athletes/ foundations/ NOCs. so it would be great if they are all available at one single point.

TOP FREE RIO 2016 OLYMPICS STREAMING CHANNELS

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

watching an official channel of another country 

1.  Install a VPN browser extension. One of the easiest ways to watch The Olympics from a country without online coverage or when you don't have a cable provider is to install a VPN extension for your browser. This will allow you to visit another country's broadcasting website (Canada's CBC or UK's BBC, for example) and trick it into thinking you're visiting from within the country.

• You can install VPN extensions for both Firefox and Chrome. These extensions are available for free, but may be ad-supported. Popular extensions include Hola, MediaHint, and ZenMate.
  • Use this method if you live in the US but don't have a cable subscription, or if you live in a country that doesn't have official streaming broadcasting of the games.

2. Switch your browser to the target country. If you plan on watching through the CBC player, click the extension icon in your browser and select a Canadian server. Your traffic will be routed through that server on the way to the CBC site, making it think you are visiting from within Canada.

• If you want to watch through the BBC site, use a UK server.
  1. 3. Watch the streaming video. You should now be able to access the streaming content as if you were normally accessing the site. You may experience some delay and slow connections as data is transferred between the proxy server, the website, and you.

Edited by nitinsanker

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

Olympics is a huge event & hence I have a feeling that youtube will be showing live streaming of each & every sport throughout each day & won't have geolocation restriction. So don't think anyone would need to use proxy/vpn browser extension

some of the well known sports streaming channels 

There are a variety of sites that will stream live events. These are not official sites, and finding a working stream can be a little difficult. The plus side, however, is that you don't need to install any browser plugins in order for them to work. Some of the more popular sites include:

• FirstRowSports
  • Stream2Watch
  • SportLemon
  • WiZiWiG
  • AllSport Live

I am not sure if any of  you have used some of these do tell me which are the best 

Nbc doing it here and for the most part its awesome because they show literally everything live except maybe ceremony.  Most events are also available on demand right after.  However the big issue is that the main sports sometimes are not available for on demand until after the primetime broadcast in the evening.   So any country offering immediate playback features for every event that i can get through a vpn

Star Sports has the official rights in India. So their official website starsports.com & partner site hotstar.com should show live streaming.  Government and free-to-air channels like DD National, Doordarshan, DD Sports will also be telecasting the event live