website statistics

Track Cycling 2016 Discussion Thread

Agger

Just now, dareza said:

3 medals for Vogel. She is in great form right now.

I wouldnt say great form, in great form she wouldve easily won gold in sprint. She is in decent shape, but in Rio her goal has to be to win 2 individual golds. Today Vogel didnt get her strategy right, both runs were really close, but in the first run she was leading too long and in the second run she didnt manage to get past her opponent and had to go a very long way. Welte wasnt in top shape, because she has been injured/ill during preparation, i hope she will get back into form for Rio, otherwise we wont be able to challenge Russia/China (i actually dont think that anyone can beat China in Rio). We have a great future in womens (team) sprint with Hinze and Grabosch, but Rio will come too soon for them, so we have to hope that Welte finds her form.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

12 minutes ago, dareza said:

Vogel. She is in great form right now.

Like Eilers, that was just a monstrous keirin final :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Like Eilers, that was just a monstrous keirin final :d 

Vogel was extremely superior in womens keirin, i think only a crash can stop her in Rio. Her huge advantage is that all the other good sprinters (The russian and chinese girls + Ligtlee) are bad in keirin, so she can always dominate by her raw speed. Mens keirin was closer than expected and i am very surprised that Levy/Kenny didnt win a medal. Eilers always wants to lead for the last 2 or 3 rounds, but i think this might become a problem for him against better opponents (Glaetzer/Pervis) in Rio.

Do you know what happened with Ligtlee and the Hoogland? They were extremely dominant at the european championships, but here they have been very disappointing.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Medal table of Track Cycling World Championship 2016 - Only Olympic events:

Gold Silver Bronze Total
Germany 2 1 3 6
Great Britain 2 1 2 5
Australia 1 2 1 4
China 1 2 0 3
New Zealand 1 1 0 2
Russia 1 0 1 2
United States 1 0 1 2
Colombia 1 0 0 1
Canada 0 1 0 1
France 0 1 0 1
Netherlands 0 1 0 1
Denmark 0 0 1 1
Malaysia 0 0 1 1

23 hours ago, dareza said:

quotas for all disciplines:

Men's team pursuit: Great Britain,Australia,New Zealand,Germany,Denmark,Russia,Switzerland,Netherlands and China

Men's team sprint: Germany,France,Netherlands,Great Britain,Australia,New Zealand,Poland,Venezuela and South Korea

Men's individual sprint: Russia, Czech Republic, Russia 2, Spain, Czech Republic 2,China, Japan,Colombia, Trinidad and Tobago

Men's kerin: Colombia,United States,Malaysia,Russia,Canada,Japan,Greece,Czech Republic.Italy

Men's omnium: Australia,Colombia,New Zealand,Italy,Germany,Denmark,France,Great Britain,Belgium,Switzerland,Netherlands,Undited States,Japan,Brazil,Hong Kong,Mexico,Kazakhstan,Korea

Women's team pursuit:Australia,Great Britain,Canada,USA,New Zealand,China,Germany,Italy and Poland

Women's team sprint:Russia,Australia,China,Germany,Netherlands,Spain,France,New Zealand and Canada

Women;s sprint:Lithuania,Great Britan,Azerbaijan,Great Britain 2,Ukraine,Cuba,Colombia,Hong Kong, Malaysia

Women's kerin:Hong Kong,Korea,Lithuania,Cuba,Colombia,Ukraine,Ireland,Great Britain and Azerbaijan

Women's omnium:Netherlands,Great Britain,USA,Belgium,Australia,Cuba,Belarus,France,Denmark,Poland,Germany,New Zealand,Canada,China,Hong Kong,Chinese Taipei,Venezuela,Japan

I thought Russia can send 2 cyclists in men's keirin. Isn't that possible?