website statistics

Track Cycling 2016 Discussion Thread

Agger

On ‎05‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 9:58 PM, Benolympique said:

you do not know the equestrian g and qualified in powerlifting? Parzlympics games

For powerlifting try http://www.paralympic.org/sites/default/files/document/160228103504764_FINAL+MENS+PR_IPC+PO_0.pdf

and http://www.paralympic.org/sites/default/files/document/160228103649807_FINAL+WOMENS+PR_IPC+PO_1.pdf 

The qualifiers in each weight category are not yet finalised but this will give you a pretty good idea of how things stand.

2017 World Championships will be held in Hong Kong. Slightly dissapointed because according to the wikipedia Turkmenistan was the only initial candidate. Track Worlds in Turkmenistan would be very interesting. :d

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_UCI_Track_Cycling_World_Championships

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

Just now, dcro said:

2017 World Championships will be held in Hong Kong. Slightly dissapointed because according to the wikipedia Turkmenistan was the only initial candidate. Track Worlds in Turkmenistan would be very interesting. :d

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_UCI_Track_Cycling_World_Championships

That really is a shame, it would have been pretty much the first time I would see or hear anything out of Turkmenistan :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

According to a note I found in Mexico's Olympic Committee, UCI is interested in introducing Women's Madison, starting next season of the World Cup. Plus, they would alter Omnium to only have 4 events: individual pursuit, time trial, flying lap and a new version of points race/race in which the winner of each lap will win one point andfive points

for every lap gained on the group.

Other proposals to be considered during UCI's congress in Doha this week, are slight modifications in the rules for Keirin and Team Pursuit.

5 hours ago, mrv86 said:

According to a note I found in Mexico's Olympic Committee, UCI is interested in introducing Women's Madison, starting next season of the World Cup. Plus, they would alter Omnium to only have 4 events: individual pursuit, time trial, flying lap and a new version of points race/race in which the winner of each lap will win one point andfive points

Other proposals to be considered during UCI's congress in Doha this week, are slight modifications in the rules for Keirin and Team Pursuit.

Yes, this month's European championships will have this new omnium, albeit in a bit different version: 

1. Scratch 10km

2. 'Speed race' 10km (no idea how else to translate it)

3. Elimination race

4. Points race

It'll have the women's madison as well. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 hours ago, mrv86 said:

Even though it would be more or less perfect for Lasse Norman, I find that kind of omnium sad. Having a tempo race is fine with me, as I guess that's an entertaining high paced alternative, but making it 3 time trials and one mass start would take out the idea of both good time trialists and good mass starters having a good chance.

27 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Yes, this month's European championships will have this new omnium, albeit in a bit different version: 

1. Scratch 10km

2. 'Speed race' 10km (no idea how else to translate it)

3. Elimination race

4. Points race

It'll have the women's madison as well. 

That's even worse. No time trials at all (also, I believe it's called tempo race :) )

Just now, Agger said:

Even though it would be more or less perfect for Lasse Norman, I find that kind of omnium sad. Having a tempo race is fine with me, as I guess that's an entertaining high paced alternative, but making it 3 time trials and one mass start would take out the idea of both good time trialists and good mass starters having a good chance.

That's even worse. No time trials at all (also, I believe it's called tempo race :) )

Yes, "tempo race" is what I saw in Dutch, but I had no idea what it is and how to translate it since in Dutch it would mean something like "a race with a consistent speed" :p 

There's some basic elements an "all-round" competition needs in my opinion:

- A pure, individual sprint event (like a flying lap or a 500m time trial, definitely not longer than that)

- A pure, individual endurance event (like a 5k pursuit/time trial or something, definitely not shorter)

- A mass start sprint event, which basically means keirin

- A mass start endurance event with a serious length, 10km is nothing

Then you've got all 4 elements: mass start and individual + sprint and endurance = the best all-round track cyclist.

10 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Yes, "tempo race" is what I saw in Dutch, but I had no idea what it is and how to translate it since in Dutch it would mean something like "a race with a consistent speed" :p 

There's some basic elements an "all-round" competition needs in my opinion:

- A pure, individual sprint event (like a flying lap or a 500m time trial, definitely not longer than that)

- A pure, individual endurance event (like a 5k pursuit/time trial or something, definitely not shorter)

- A mass start sprint event, which basically means keirin

- A mass start endurance event with a serious length, 10km is nothing

Then you've got all 4 elements: mass start and individual + sprint and endurance = the best all-round track cyclist.

It's called tempo race in the official schedule and I saw it on wiki as well :p