website statistics

Ireland National Thread

OlympicIRL

Can’t speak for @Oldira@OlympicIRL as they’re the main 2 other users but I don’t really see a use for a separate Irish forum

I come here for general news from around the world particularly in sports that aren’t covered well in Irish media (or English language media really)

17 minutes ago, dodge said:

Can’t speak for @Oldira@OlympicIRL as they’re the main 2 other users but I don’t really see a use for a separate Irish forum

I come here for general news from around the world particularly in sports that aren’t covered well in Irish media (or English language media really)

Exactly, I feel the same. The thing I like about the forum is that you can interact with people from other nations and learn lots of interesting news you would otherwise miss out on. There's no way I would trawl through separate forums to find all of that and more importantly, you would miss out on the interaction between users from different countries which is something I cherish. Having our own Irish corner here in the form of a national thread is enough.

12 hours ago, OlympicIRL said:

Exactly, I feel the same. The thing I like about the forum is that you can interact with people from other nations and learn lots of interesting news you would otherwise miss out on. There's no way I would trawl through separate forums to find all of that and more importantly, you would miss out on the interaction between users from different countries which is something I cherish. Having our own Irish corner here in the form of a national thread is enough.

Of course I understand it. As right now you are 3 active Irish users, it would not make sense to create a sub-forum just for you. Maybe it would if one day the Irish community would grow so much that writing here in the national thread would not be enough for you anymore and you would like to have different sections and threads to talk about Irish athletes results, medal prospects etc.

Also, being English your language it makes it less useful than for other nations, where they could also gather users who are not active here because they don't speak English or feel shy to write in another language.

• 1 year later...