website statistics

Colombia National Thread

carivan

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 03:51, carivan said:

CARIVAN'S COLOMBIAN PERFORMANCE OF THE DAY - DAY 11

Ingrit Valencia (Boxing)

lazarca.jpg

The fifth medal for Colombia comes in boxing. Ingrit completely overwhelmed her Thai rival and has reached the semifinals. She dreams of an olympic gold and winning Master Chef. The first one is just two fights away.

REST OF THE PODIUM:

2. John Murillo (athletics): Overshadowed by Ibarguen on his event, he arrived without much fanfare and achieved a great 5th place and a national record 

3. Fabian Puerta (cycling): Another 5th place, this time in the keirin. Another victim of UCI's willingness to bend the rules for some nations. He still made us proud.

Looks like its best ever finish by Colombia in Olympics.. Right with 3 Individual Gold from Same Olympics and first time ever..  And placed 2nd in South America after Brazil in Medal Table..

Great show guys..  I am great fan of James Rodríguez :)

Edited by Govind

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 03:51, carivan said:

CARIVAN'S COLOMBIAN PERFORMANCE OF THE DAY - DAY 11

Ingrit Valencia (Boxing)

lazarca.jpg

The fifth medal for Colombia comes in boxing. Ingrit completely overwhelmed her Thai rival and has reached the semifinals. She dreams of an olympic gold and winning Master Chef. The first one is just two fights away.

REST OF THE PODIUM:

2. John Murillo (athletics): Overshadowed by Ibarguen on his event, he arrived without much fanfare and achieved a great 5th place and a national record 

3. Fabian Puerta (cycling): Another 5th place, this time in the keirin. Another victim of UCI's willingness to bend the rules for some nations. He still made us proud.

OMG.. I Crossed Verified in WIKI on results .. Sad to see so many 4th and 5th.. its very painful if you

hace 5 horas, Govind said:

OMG.. I Crossed Verified in WIKI on results .. Sad to see so many 4th and 5th.. its very painful if you

Don't remind me. Some of those hurt a lot (both track cycling ones, Leidy Solis' in weightlifting women's 69k, boxing men's fly) but a couple were so unexpected that were actually very joyful (men's triple jump and men's mountain bike)

hace 5 horas, Govind said:

Looks like its best ever finish by Colombia in Olympics.. Right with 3 Individual Gold from Same Olympics and first time ever..  And placed 2nd in South America after Brazil in Medal Table..

Great show guys..  I am great fan of James Rodríguez :)

Yes. Our best results ever by far and a confirmation that the more serious approach we took since Beijing is paying off. Things are already looking up for Tokyo (Yuri Alvear is moving to Tokyo for the next 4 years, staying at the embassy to complete the whole podium: London bronze, Rio silver and hopefully Tokyo gold). It looks like we're here to stay.

And James was magnificent today vs Venezuela!!

12 hours ago, carivan said:

Don't remind me. Some of those hurt a lot (both track cycling ones, Leidy Solis' in weightlifting women's 69k, boxing men's fly) but a couple were so unexpected that were actually very joyful (men's triple jump and men's mountain bike)

Yes. Our best results ever by far and a confirmation that the more serious approach we took since Beijing is paying off. Things are already looking up for Tokyo (Yuri Alvear is moving to Tokyo for the next 4 years, staying at the embassy to complete the whole podium: London bronze, Rio silver and hopefully Tokyo gold). It looks like we're here to stay.

And James was magnificent today vs Venezuela!!

Good to hear.. :) Happy for Colombia ..

• 4 years later...

Thread bump!

At the Tokyo Olympics, Luis Javier Mosquera got the silver medal at 67 kg weightlifting, just 1 kg behind Chen Lijun.

In BMX racing, Mariana Pajón couldn't get her third gold medal, and was silver by 0.1 seconds. Carlos Ramírez repeated a bronze medal.