website statistics

What is your Nation's Goal for Summer Olympic Games 2016?

17 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

did Batistuta play that year?

i have a friend that was born in korea but lived in argentina for a long time before coming to america and he is so pissed off right now after the copa, and last years copa and the final against germany, one message about argentina to him and i get like 8 back LOL

No, Batistuta wasnt one of the 3 old players, Crespo and the "piojo" Lopez were the strikers, a good team, without a title.

2 hours ago, Canada4thewin said:

So true,

Sometimes it is so frustrating to watch some sports and to not see any Canadian there.  Sometimes it is very depressing even if I love watching all the countries.:yes

I like watching pretty much everything at the Olympics, but it's frustrating that there have been so few Canadians in the finals of swimming and athletic competitions because there's so many events.  It's disappointing to watch hours and hours of races and never see a Canadian even in the semi-finals.  

Besides baseball/softball which are gone now, our teams have almost always been some of the weakest in their groups, rarely getting to the playoff round (the w's soccer team is an exception, but they still got outplayed on their way to bronze in 2012).  But this year our w's rugby team is a favourite for a medal, while our w's basketball team should challenge for one as well.  Our m's volleyball team is playing well even though they're in a very tough group in Rio and it'll be difficult to move on, and our m's basketball team should be competitive if they qualify, depending on who shows up.  We even have a top-5 ranked w's beach volleyball team!