website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

George_D

vor 4 Minuten schrieb thiago_simoes:

Flávia Saraiva is currently first on the Balance Beam, 15.133. I'm not sure when was the last time I got this happy in my life. I'm in heaven!

I am very happy for you, her and the brazilian team! :clap:

Schäfer was very good on floor and vault, Alt was very good on vault too. I think we might really make the final, but most importantly i pray that Seitz + Scheder make the final on uneven bars and that at least one out of Alt/Schäfer will make the beam final. German commentator just said that Alt (born in 2000) already has the highest D scores of the whole team and even a better D score than Schäfer on beam, so she might really have a small chance to make the beam final.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

2 minutos atrás, OlympicsFan disse:

I am very happy for you, her and the brazilian team! :clap:

Schäfer was very good on floor and vault, Alt was very good on vault too. I think we might really make the final, but most importantly i pray that Seitz + Scheder make the final on uneven bars and that at least one out of Alt/Schäfer will make the beam final. German commentator just said that Alt (born in 2000) already has the highest D scores of the whole team and even a better D score than Schäfer on beam, so she might really have a small chance to make the beam final.

If Schafer hits her routine with no major balance checks, she will make the finals. The British girls only scored 14.5 or lower, and Schafer can beat this score with a hit routine. I know nothing about Alt, so it's surprising to know she has big D scores. I'm eager to see her performances now.

Also, do you know what happened to Janine Bieger? She was robbed of a medal in 2012 and after that I didn't hear much about her.

1 hour ago, thiago_simoes said:

Melnikova went from best Russian all-arounder through the year to third best all of a sudden.

What a HUGE score for Mustafina! This is unbelievable. Anything over 9.0 in execution is just crazy.

And what a surprise to see no Russian will probably make Beam finals! Yilmaz from Turkey is hanging on in third right now, and she will need some luck with the Wevers sisters from the Netherlands, all of the US girls, Schaffer from Germany, Boyer from France, Black and Olsen from Canada, and Flávia Saraiva from Brazil still to come, but she definitely has a clear chance to make it to the finals. Fingers crossed.

Well in fact 2 British girls got ahead of Yilmaz now, no final for her :(

vor 1 Minute schrieb thiago_simoes:

If Schafer hits her routine with no major balance checks, she will make the finals. The British girls only scored 14.5 or lower, and Schafer can beat this score with a hit routine. I know nothing about Alt, so it's surprising to know she has big D scores. I'm eager to see her performances now.

Also, do you know what happened to Janine Bieger? She was robbed of a medal in 2012 and after that I didn't hear much about her.

Alt now has a higher D score than Schäfer and just scored 14.8 on vault. Balance beam is always very tricky, we might get two athletes into the final or none, i hope for one and at least one on uneven bars.

Berger has been injured multiple times since London 2012. I read that she has torn her cruciate ligament, her meniscus and multiple other things in her knee. I agree that she got robbed in 2012 but i am not sure whether she wouldve made the team. Scheder, Seitz, Alt and Schäfer are safe, but one out of Berger/Chusovitina might have repaced Bui in the team. I think in the end she couldnt have helped us very much, i think with her our overall score wouldve been 0.4-0.5 points better at best.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.