website statistics

Swimming 2016 Discussion Thread

MantaRaymarc

I am happy that Efimova finally is gone. She shouldnt have been allowed to compete in Kazan anyway. I dont understand why someone like her (who has been banned before) isnt more careful ...

Why bother to read WADA mails, if you have been banned before and cant afford another positiv test ...

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

17 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

I am happy that Efimova finally is gone.  I dont understand why someone like her

phhh .. I'm sure that if instead Efimova would be a German swimmer, you'd like it very much

3 hours ago, Guest said:

phhh .. I'm sure that if instead Efimova would be a German swimmer, you'd like it very much

What does it matter what country she comes from? If they cheat they should be banned whether they come from Russia, Germany, Britain or anywhere else.

Edited by Nickyc707

5 hours ago, Guest said:

Why should i like it if a german athlete gets caught for the 2nd time and probably will be banned for ever?

She wouldve had a good chance for 2 medals in Rio, so i would be pretty sad if she would be a german athlete.

I think there is no doubt that she deserves to get banned, she has been caught two times at just 23 years of age, so she obviously doesnt want to play fair. The same is true for Kulizhnikov. I am really surprised how stupid/careless many russian athletes seem to be. I dont think that german athletes are necessarily "cleaner", but at least they hide it better ... :d

Its really interesting that so many russian swimmers have been caught in the last couple of years, although Russia isnt very good in swimming. On the other hand chinese/japanese/british/french/american/australian/hungarian athletes are (almost) never caught, but i doubt that they are any better.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

2 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

Why should i like it if a german athlete gets caught for the 2nd time and probably will be banned for ever?

She wouldve had a good chance for 2 medals in Rio, so i would be pretty sad if she would be a german athlete.

I think there is no doubt that she deserves to get banned, she has been caught two times at just 23 years of age, so she obviously doesnt want to play fair. The same is true for Kulizhnikov. I am really surprised how stupid/careless many russian athletes seem to be. I dont think that german athletes are necessarily "cleaner", but at least they hide it better ... :d

Its really interesting that so many russian swimmers have been caught in the last couple of years, although Russia isnt very good in swimming. On the other hand chinese/japanese/british/french/american/australian/hungarian athletes are (almost) never caught, but i doubt that they are any better.

Very well said.  No matter the nation someone that is cheating with drugs needs to be ban.

On 10/3/2016 at 6:09 PM, Werloc said:

Rūta Meilutytė came back after an injury and not being able to fully train for half a year to win her first competition and recording the second best season result in the world in 100m. Breastroke :yes

Love her:clap: