website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2016 Totallympics Predicted Medal Table

5 hours ago, Joshi said:

Out of all the predictions. I think the rowing is spot on. At least on those that should finish in the medals, give or take the positions. But in saying that Genevra Stone (USA) would be lucky to get a medal let alone silver in the Single Scull. Kim Brennan and Emma Twigg will probably fight for Gold and the rest will fight for Bronze. The only reason the US are predicted by them to win 137 medals is Russia's ban in a lot of events and to pander to their readers. You get that everywhere. 

I would be very surprised if Canada is shut out of the rowing medals as they predict.  It would be the first time since 1988.  Our Women's eight should at least be on the podium.  

8 horas atrás, De_Gambassi disse:

You can find the complete list here

29 medals for Brazil... that's sweet.

Man, this is a joke. A complete joke. They are crazy enough to think Mustafina would place ahead of Biles on the Balance Beam. They can't be serious. At all.

2 hours ago, orangeman said:

I would be very surprised if Canada is shut out of the rowing medals as they predict.  It would be the first time since 1988.  Our Women's eight should at least be on the podium.  

I think your Lightweight Women's Double Scull are more likely to medal than your eight. I don't know what's happened to the CAN W8 but they were a long way behind the US, GBR and NZ W8 this world cup season. They also got beaten by the Dutch 8 this season without the 3 crews mentioned in this race. They're obviously capable of medaling, the Olys particularly rowing throw up all sorts of upsets. But going on current form I wouldn't be surprised. But I think your best bet or even banker is the LW2x. Just went through it again, don't think Alan Campbell would medal in the single, I'd swap him for Damir Martin (CRO) to be on the podium. 

I think according to the prediction by the Associated Press Germany would win 49 medals and 10 of them in gold. 49 medals in total would be a decent result for us, but 10 golds would be very disappointing.

Here are some of the most interesting predictions from a german perspective:

Athletics: 8 medals in total and only one gold would be very disappointing for me.

No medal for Robert Harting, but a medal for his brother? No medal for Schwanitz?

Boxing: One bronze in boxing would sadly be a decent result for us, but i think Harutyunyan is much more likely to win a medal than Pfeifer.

Canoeing sprint: Only 4 medals in total would be a shocking result for us, 2 golds would be decent.

Silver for us in mens k2 200m seems pretty unlikely, on the other hand we should win more than 0 medals in mens c2 1000m/mens k1 1000m/mens k4 1000m/womens k4 500m.

Track cycling: 5 medals would be ok for us, but only 1 gold would be disappointing. Vogel gets beaten by James in womens keirin? Silver in womens team sprint and no medal for Russia?

Diving: Silver in mens 3m synchronized but no medal in mens 10m synchronized?

Equestrian: No medal for Sprehe, but bronze for Peters? Seriously?

Silver and bronze in individual jumpin? Yeah ...

Gold for Michael CHUNG in individual eventing?

Artistic gymnastics: No medal for Germany in HORIZONTAL bar, but bronze for Nile Wilson?

Judo: No medal at all for Germany? Very unlikely.

Shooting: Only 2 medal in total and none of them in gold would be a very bad result for us.

Football: No medal for us? I think thats not very likely.

Swimming: 4 medals in total and 1 gold would be a perfect result for us, but its very unlikely that Biedermann will win silver and that Yang wont win a medal at all. Reichert for sure wont win a medal in mens open water swimming ...

Table tennis: 2 medals would be a decent result for us, but its pretty unlikely that Ovtcharov will win silver.

Taekwondo: 2 medal would be an amazing result for us, but silver for Tuncat would be a huge surprise.

Tennis: Bronze for Kerber would be a pretty expected result, but silver for Stosur seems extremely unlikely to me.

Weightlifting: 2 medals for us ... seriously? Bronze in mens -77kg? Haha ... haha ... seriously?

Where is canoeing slalom?

I have no problem with the fact that they are clearly overestimating most american athletes, but i have a problem with the following things:

They dont even know the name of some athletes (Michael Chung) and even forgot a sport (canoeing slalom).

They clearly dont know what they are talking about. On the one hand US wins medals in womens individual archery, womens 50m rifle 3 positions or womens single sculls, on the other hand they dont win a medal in mens 1500m (Centrowitz) and only bronze womens quadruple sculls, where they are the current world champion?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.