website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2016 Ceremonies

19 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

In the brazilian forum on skyscrapercity, there's a whole threat with BIG spoilers about the opening ceremony, including photos. We already know about a lot of things that will happen, but I'm not gonna post it here (maybe someone will). :p

The main reason this thread was opened was to discuss the ceremonies while they're happening.

well I sincerely hope none will do it :mad: and even if...so let just put it in the spoilers option with a warning before..

42 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

About the opening ceremony time. The public is instructed to arrive at least an hour before the start and apparently there will be a "pre-show" at 19h15 local time. As far as I'm concerned, the ceremony itself will start at 20h00.

This is spoiler too. I wanted to be suprised in which time opening ceremony finally will start :-)

2 minutos atrás, stepansevs disse:

This is spoiler too. I wanted to be suprised in which time opening ceremony finally will start :-)

This is a widely public information :whistle:

Also, the ceremony is planned to start at 20h00, but I'm not really sure it will start this time (most of the times it starts some minutes later).

So, no Dilma and no Lula at the opening ceremony. The head of state not being there, that's quite unique (almost, queen Elizabeth wasn't there in Montreal and Sydney if I'm not mistaken). 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

13 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

So, no Dilma and no Lula at the opening ceremony. The head of state not being there, that's quite unique (almost, queen Elizabeth wasn't there in Montreal and Sydney if I'm not mistaken). 

Elizabeth opened Montreal Games so she was there.

#banbestmen

2 minutes ago, dcro said:

Elizabeth opened Montreal Games so she was there.

Calgary 1988 then :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hora atrás, heywoodu disse:

I'm pretty sure Michel Temer will be there.

21 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

I'm pretty sure Michel Temer will be there.

But he isn't the official head of state is he? I thought Dilma is officially the head of state, just suspended, and that that Temer guy is the "interim president"..