website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2016 Medal Count

23 minutes ago, dcro said:

Perhaps the main reason is that they didn't compete much earlier this year.

People were starting to think that Americans can threat them in dressage after excellent build up and it happened as Dutch looked bad for their standards. Jumping also didn't go well at all. Jur Vrieling got disqualified in first round for the overuse of whip. :facepalm::spank: Maybe that's why they couldn't win a medal because they had only 3 riders in final round.

and what is biggest surprise in equestian this year? :d I want to know all :lol:

58 minutes ago, dareza said:

and what is biggest surprise in equestian this year? :d I want to know all :lol:

Apart from Dutch winning nothing, biggest surprise is Germany not winning gold in team eventing. They made mistakes on cross-country course which perhaps cost them gold. That cross-country course was beautiful and properly tough. Really, really amazing cross-country day it was. :bowdown:

#banbestmen

1 minute ago, dcro said:

Apart from Dutch winning nothing, biggest surprise is Germany not winning gold in team eventing. They made mistakes on cross-country course which perhaps cost them gold. That cross-country course was beautiful and properly tough. Really, really amazing cross-country day it was. :bowdown:

Thanks. I watched only individual cc :d and yes I agree it was tough.

hace 3 horas, dareza said:

Medals for team sports:

USA,Germany 5

Serbia 4

Italy 3

2 Brazil,Canada,Russia,Great Britan,France,Spain,

1 Croatia, Netherlands, Nigeria,Sweden,Denmark,Fiji :cheer:, Belgium,China,South Africa

------

Just crazy when you see this :lol:

You forgot:

1 Australia, New Zealand, Argentina

Also for some reason you don't count beach volleyball.

3 minutes ago, LDOG said:

You forgot:

1 Australia, New Zealand, Argentina

Also for some reason you don't count beach volleyball.

oh how I forgot beatiful gold medal for your team :facepalm: That was great match :cheer:

Edited by dareza

German teams were doing crazy good in Rio, all teams won a medal:

Mens table tennis: Bronze

Womens table tennis: Silver

Mens football: Silver

Womens football: Gold

Mens hockey: Bronze

Womens hockey: Bronze

Mens handball: Bronze

Womens beach volleyball: Gold

All our teams won a medal.

In general 42 medals are very disappointing for Germany, but 17 golds is the best result since 1996. I never thought that Germany could win more than 40 medals with so many "safe" german medallists not performing at their best (Storl, Schwanitz, Müller, Heidler, Stahl/Hussong, Holzdeppe, Heß, Jungfleisch, Abele, Tasiadis, Anton/Benzien, Pfeifer, Vogel keirin, Kluge omnium, Eilers keirin, Hausding/Klein, equestrian individual jumping, Hartung, Frey, Trajdos, Schöneborn, Buhl, Koch, Ovtcharov, Gülec, Stäbler, Focken). Not to imagine what Germany could do if more money would be invested for swimming, boxing, fencing, artistic gymnastics, judo, rowing, sailing, taekwondo and wrestling ...

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

France and Australia are pretty close to Germany in this table, but have clearly less (gold) medals, which shows that Germany got pretty lucky with the number of gold medals. Its also not surprising to see that China is clearly ahead of GB in this table, China was pretty unlucky, while GB won tons of extremely lucky gold medals. I am very sure that China will turn it around in Tokyo. GB deserves all the success they had, considering how much they invested in the last decade. I am a bit sad for Australia, they deserved and expected more for their money.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.