website statistics

Pyeongchang Winter Olympic Games 2018 News

6 minutes ago, Ros said:

Do someone know the row of the countries for entering during Opening ceremony

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_Winter_Olympics_Parade_of_Nations

btw as susual no matter in which country, no matter in which alphabet we are still before Slovenia :d

8 hours ago, De_Gambassi said:

After using the 2017 world cup results here to make my own predictive Pyeongchang 2018 medals table, I've done the same with the 2018 world cup reults. A bit more sophistacated this time using either a top 6/8/10 table depending of the sport/events (full detals here)

Golds:

1.   :NOR  15.5 medals

2.   :GER  11.8 medals

3.   :CAN  9.2 medals

4.   :USA  6.3 medals

5.   :FRA  6.05 medals

6.   :SUI  5.75 medals

7.   :JPN  5.65 medals

8.   :RUS  5.25 medals

9.   :AUT  4.95 medals

10. :ITA  4.6 medals

11. :KOR  3.7 medals

12. :NED  3.25 medals

13. :SWE  2.95 medals

Medals:

1.   :NOR  41.3medals

2.   :GER  33.75 medals

3.   :CAN  26.65 medals

4.   :USA  20.8 medals

5.   :FRA  18.05 medals

6.   :AUT  16.7 medals

7.   :SUI  16.55 medals

8.   :RUS  16.15 medals

9.   :JPN  15.4 medals

10. :ITA  15.2 medals

12. :NED  11 medals

12. :KOR  9.65 medals

13. :SWE  8.7 medals

According to this:

- Norway should easely secure the top place

- Germany and Canada should complete the podium

- Huge fight for the remaining 2 top 5 places with 7 nations competiting for them (8 even, depending of the success of the dutch speed skaters) 

how did you get to 6 golds by usa? can be just 3 or more between vonn and shiffrin, then snowboarding and freestyle skiing should bring few more in slopestyle, halfpipe, nathan chen in figure skating, possibly speed skating, i dont think we will get most, but i think 6 is under 

5 minutes ago, hckosice said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_Winter_Olympics_Parade_of_Nations

btw as susual no matter in which country, no matter in which alphabet we are still before Slovenia :d

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Summer_Olympics_Parade_of_Nations

:evil:

#banbestmen

il y a 8 minutes, Maxim Fastovsky a déclaré:

how did you get to 6 golds by usa? can be just 3 or more between vonn and shiffrin, then snowboarding and freestyle skiing should bring few more in slopestyle, halfpipe, nathan chen in figure skating, possibly speed skating, i dont think we will get most, but i think 6 is under 

World cup rankings, only world cup rankings.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1c99jWN7wctFDhzO-mjByysVGflt4R5L79HEeePAdAns/edit?usp=sharing (I've done manually, so errors are always possible)

People tend to forget that not only favorites win medals.

1 minute ago, De_Gambassi said:

World cup rankings, only world cup rankings.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1c99jWN7wctFDhzO-mjByysVGflt4R5L79HEeePAdAns/edit?usp=sharing (I've done manually, so errors are always possible)

People tend to forget that not only favorites win medals.

And when you do it like this and people ask "but who will win those medals?", they don't understand that you can't really answer that, because it's about the big picture and the big picture only, not about specific events :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

23 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

And when you do it like this and people ask "but who will win those medals?", they don't understand that you can't really answer that, because it's about the big picture and the big picture only, not about specific events :p 

but why is world cup rankings accurate? not everyone participating in every world cup, Lindsey Vonn was out most of the season and look at her now, she is not the favorite according to the rankings, but are you going to bet against her after winning 3 in a row? you dont take into account all the parameters if you include only world cup rankings.

in sochi usa won 9 gold medals, with a horrible performance in speed skating, like i said, i dont expect us to lead the table in the end, especially with not a lot of medals if any to be won in sledding, cross country, ski jumping, curling, nordic combined, biathlon (unless bailey will show up in top form) but between skiing, freestyle skiing, snowboard, speed skating and figure skating i'm fairly confident we will eclipse the 6 gold and 20 total you predicted (again 9 gold and 28 total in sochi with 0 speed skating medals)

2 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

but why is world cup rankings accurate? not everyone participating in every world cup, Lindsey Vonn was out most of the season and look at her now, she is not the favorite according to the rankings, but are you going to bet against her after winning 3 in a row? you dont take into account all the parameters if you include only world cup rankings.

in sochi usa won 9 gold medals, with a horrible performance in speed skating, like i said, i dont expect us to lead the table in the end, especially with not a lot of medals if any to be won in sledding, cross country, ski jumping, curling, nordic combined, biathlon (unless bailey will show up in top form) but between skiing, freestyle skiing, snowboard, speed skating and figure skating i'm fairly confident we will eclipse the 6 gold and 20 total you predicted (again 9 gold and 28 total in sochi with 0 speed skating medals)

Bailey will need to be in top form not to win a lot of medals, but to have even an outside shot at one medal :p 

But apart from that: yeah, that's why I don't think using only World Cup rankings is the best neither. You need a combination of everything. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

12 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

It’s kind of insane the US won *5* of the *6* X Games events added in Sochi and still only ended up with only 9 gold medals.

I think the US is comfortably looking at around 10 golds.

9 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Bailey will need to be in top form not to win a lot of medals, but to have even an outside shot at one medal :p 

But apart from that: yeah, that's why I don't think using only World Cup rankings is the best neither. You need a combination of everything. 

I'm a believer in Bailey! :) i think we can win 1 biathlon medal between Bailey, Burke and Dunklee, a bronze in like a mass start or something