website statistics

Pyeongchang Winter Olympic Games 2018 News

3 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

Ah, and oc, if Italy have a little chance to qualify an athlete in ski jumping, but I guess that "NOOO!" Is the right answer

That would be surprising (no Italian ski jumper qualifying, I mean). 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Oh boy, virus alert in Pyeongchang.

https://www.focus.de/sport/olympia-2018/magen-darm-alarm-olympia-2018-norovirus-macht-athleten-sorge-bewohner-werden-isoliert_id_8422769.html

The same kind of virus that wreaked havoc on the athletics world champs last year.. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

After using the 2017 world cup results here to make my own predictive Pyeongchang 2018 medals table, I've done the same with the 2018 world cup reults. A bit more sophistacated this time using either a top 6/8/10 table depending of the sport/events (full detals here)

Golds:

1.   :NOR  15.5 medals

2.   :GER  11.8 medals

3.   :CAN  9.2 medals

4.   :USA  6.3 medals

5.   :FRA  6.05 medals

6.   :SUI  5.75 medals

7.   :JPN  5.65 medals

8.   :RUS  5.25 medals

9.   :AUT  4.95 medals

10. :ITA  4.6 medals

11. :KOR  3.7 medals

12. :NED  3.25 medals

13. :SWE  2.95 medals

Medals:

1.   :NOR  41.3medals

2.   :GER  33.75 medals

3.   :CAN  26.65 medals

4.   :USA  20.8 medals

5.   :FRA  18.05 medals

6.   :AUT  16.7 medals

7.   :SUI  16.55 medals

8.   :RUS  16.15 medals

9.   :JPN  15.4 medals

10. :ITA  15.2 medals

12. :NED  11 medals

12. :KOR  9.65 medals

13. :SWE  8.7 medals

According to this:

- Norway should easely secure the top place

- Germany and Canada should complete the podium

- Huge fight for the remaining 2 top 5 places with 7 nations competiting for them (8 even, depending of the success of the dutch speed skaters) 

Edited by De_Gambassi

5 hours ago, Gianlu33 said:

Today it's the-day! Less than 20 hours for the frist official training :cheer: They will be very important for know the frist news about the materials In luge :d Ah, and oc, if Italy have a little chance to qualify an athlete in ski jumping, but I guess that "NOOO!" Is the right answer

naaa, Colloredo won't have any problem to make the top 50 (actually he could even make the top 30) on the small hill

and also Alex Insam most likely will be in Saturday's "real" competition...

not so sure about Bresadola, though (and Cecon, if he starts in this individual event)...:mumble:

and on the large hill things should be even easier for our guys (always only if we talk about making the top 50 and not more than that, of course)...

Edited by phelps