Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

vinipereira

Winter Olympic Games 2018 News

dcro    1,101
5 hours ago, heywoodu said:

As expected, North Korea is most likely going to be present in Pyeongchang :)

http://edition.cnn.com/2018/01/09/asia/north-korea-talks-intl/index.html

Cool, looks like threatening everyone with nuclear weapon gives you free quotas. :p

I bet they'll be allowed to enter as many athletes at they want. :d

• Haha 3

Agger    153

https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1059974/exclusive-talks-over-possible-north-and-south-korean-womens-ice-hockey-team-at-pyeongchang-2018

Though I'm very positive towards letting North Korea participate even though they haven't met the original deadline for figure skating, I'm kind of sceptical towards this idea. Though I love the symbolic thing in marching in together, they would have to compete together in everything, to make sense when it comes to doing so in ice hockey.

heywoodu    1,284
5 minutes ago, Agger said:

https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1059974/exclusive-talks-over-possible-north-and-south-korean-womens-ice-hockey-team-at-pyeongchang-2018

Though I'm very positive towards letting North Korea participate even though they haven't met the original deadline for figure skating, I'm kind of sceptical towards this idea. Though I love the symbolic thing in marching in together, they would have to compete together in everything, to make sense when it comes to doing so in ice hockey.

Plus, how are you gonna get used to completely new players in basically a matter of days? And the thought of a mixed bobsled team is even worse! South Korea especially in the men's bobsled has made some serious steps and those athletes deserve to be there and potentially even fight for medals, it'd be rather unfair to all of a sudden take a South Korean out and put a North Korean in behind a driver he/she has never worked with before. 

• Like 1

heywoodu    1,284

I'd only be in favour of this if it doesn't cost anyone (especially a South Korean) a place at the Olympics. 

hckosice    891

as only South Korea they will very likely lost all matches in the womens tournament, but if they add also some N. Korean players they will be just destroyed each game

10 hours ago, hckosice said:

as only South Korea they will very likely lost all matches in the womens tournament, but if they add also some N. Korean players they will be just destroyed each game

North Korea women aren't that much worse than South Korea in women's ice hockey. Their best players are likely better than South Korea's worst players at the very least.

I'm still against the idea. Plus a Saudi Arabia and create quotas and give North Korea a (short track) speed skater or two if they really want to. Maybe an alpine/cross-country skiier if they have anyone.