website statistics

Pyeongchang Winter Olympic Games 2018 News

Maybe South Koreans are a little like Americans, buying their tickets on the day before or the day of the event instead of months in advance :p 

Oh well, I doubt the Koreans will give two fucks about cross-country skiing so I'm still hopeful I might be able to get tickets for that in January when I know whether or not I want to go to the Olympics. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Maybe South Koreans are a little like Americans, buying their tickets on the day before or the day of the event instead of months in advance :p 

Oh well, I doubt the Koreans will give two fucks about cross-country skiing so I'm still hopeful I might be able to get tickets for that in January when I know whether or not I want to go to the Olympics. 

don't worry...South Koreans are only going to buy some tickets for those events where they are supposed to win medals...

they won't spend a cent on events where's no strong participation of their athletes...

and with the political situation going on up North of the border, I guess that very few "Western" people are going to fly to Pyeongchang...

so, I guess that, if the Olympics will really go on stage in february in South Korea (and I'm not sure we can take it for granted right now), we will see many events contested in front of just the athletes' relatives (or maybe not even them)...:facepalm:

1 hour ago, phelps said:

don't worry...South Koreans are only going to buy some tickets for those events where they are supposed to win medals...

they won't spend a cent on events where's no strong participation of their athletes...

and with the political situation going on up North of the border, I guess that very few "Western" people are going to fly to Pyeongchang...

so, I guess that, if the Olympics will really go on stage in february in South Korea (and I'm not sure we can take it for granted right now), we will see many events contested in front of just the athletes' relatives (or maybe not even them)...:facepalm:

Sounds like if I'm going (which would mean my best friend is participating) I'm going to have to bring some Brazilian flags to make it all look a bit more exotic :d 

Maybe bring some air horns and stuff and hand them out to people around me :p 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

49 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Sounds like if I'm going (which would mean my best friend is participating) I'm going to have to bring some Brazilian flags to make it all look a bit more exotic :d 

Maybe bring some air horns and stuff and hand them out to people around me :p 

I might be going as well! If we meet, definitely at the Women's 10km. I'll try getting a Brazilian flag...

2 hours ago, ahjfcshfghb said:

I might be going as well! If we meet, definitely at the Women's 10km. I'll try getting a Brazilian flag...

Wonderful plan! :d 

If Bruna qualifies, I guess she can only compete in the 10k and sprint, so the rest doesn't matter as much for me. If she doesn't qualify, I'll definitely stay home :p 

24 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

If Bruna qualifies, I guess she can only compete in the 10k and sprint, so the rest doesn't matter as much for me. If she doesn't qualify, I'll definitely stay home :p 

It's 10k OR sprint, actually.

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen