website statistics

Pyeongchang Winter Olympic Games 2018 News

4 minutes ago, dcro said:

Yes, unfortunately. And at times I found keeping up with Rio hard (even though there's only 5 hours difference) :d

Maybe I should just conserve my energy for Tokyo... :p

Rio 2016 was very easy to follow.. i remember when i followed the volleyball qualification in Japan, wake up around 3am :p 

9 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

Rio 2016 was very easy to follow.. i remember when i followed the volleyball qualification in Japan, wake up around 3am :p 

Imagine in my case, only one hour of diference :d

Well this is clearly divided according to the audience's interests. the biathlon, NC, Ski Jumping are scheduled at later evening times to be favorable for European viewers, The Figure Skating times in other hand are obviously made for the North American viewers

59 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Well this is clearly divided according to the audience's interests. the biathlon, NC, Ski Jumping are scheduled at later evening times to be favorable for European viewers, The Figure Skating times in other hand are obviously made for the North American viewers

What about alpine skiing? I'm curious about this..

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Why? It's perfect when it's at night:

- No other sports outside the Olympics asking for attention

- No non-sportsaddicted people asking for attention

- Only the hardcore fans will be online all night

Etc :p 

Well. If you're sure that you can just turn around sleeping patterns, sure it is.

Sadly I fear that Rio was the last time for some years that I'll be able to do so for the Entire games.

If I decide to prolong the time that I'm gonna use for my final thesis, I can do the same next year (I'm meant to finish it by new year), but after that it's very questionable.

12 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

What about alpine skiing? I'm curious about this..

Alpine Skiing is scheduled early, but I guess it´s mainly because of lighting and the infrastructure. Visibility is very important, maybe they could move at least slaloms or AC slaloms parts to later time but well..we will have to watch Alpine skiing at 3:00 AM here  :d

2 minutes ago, Agger said:

Well. If you're sure that you can just turn around sleeping patterns, sure it is.

For two weeks, yep :p 

And if I have a job at the time, I'll use my vacation days in those weeks. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!