website statistics

Pyeongchang Winter Olympic Games 2018 News

8 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Well it was somewhat of an example, but not an unrealistic one. Obviously a Dutch commentator isn't going to pronounce every Croatian or Japanese name exactly correct and a Croatian or Japanese commentator isn't going to pronounce every Dutch name correct, that's logical :p 

But there's "pronouncing a name with the accent of your own language" and "coming up with something totally different" :d 

Luckily Felix Loch's name is short and magically he's able to pronounce it, but don't even start thinking about the likes of Natalie Geisenberger, Summer Britcher, Eliza Cauce or, God forbid, Dominik Fischnaller. Oh, and Tobias Arlt becomes "Tobias Artol". Every. Single. Time. 

Imagine there were Thais competing. :d

Stopped watching sports, there are better things in life.

this is the lates version of the official schedule for Pyeongchang 2018...

some details are still to be fixed, but I think this is pretty close to the final release...

http://www.olympia.at/download/files/{5D5317BA-F710-4591-AAB5-2B8DB6E22B4D}/PyeongChang_2018_-_Olympic_Competition_Schedule_Version_7_October_2016.pdf

59 minutes ago, phelps said:

this is the lates version of the official schedule for Pyeongchang 2018...

some details are still to be fixed, but I think this is pretty close to the final release...

http://www.olympia.at/download/files/{5D5317BA-F710-4591-AAB5-2B8DB6E22B4D}/PyeongChang_2018_-_Olympic_Competition_Schedule_Version_7_October_2016.pdf

Interesting that womens alpine skiing program will start with Giant slalom and slalom. womens slalom already on first wednesday is quite unusual. Also surprised to see so many things in the opening ceremony day, and figure skating in morning is also very unusual.

Many events (Alpine skiing, curling, snowboarding, figure skating) will start very early at 01:00, 02:00 our time.

at least the hockey times are better, except the matches scheduled at 12:00 local time so 03:00 AM here ...but we are speaking about olympics and especially the winter olympics, so I´ll watch even if I´ll not sleep anything :d

1 hour ago, hckosice said:

Many events (Alpine skiing, curling, snowboarding, figure skating) will start very early at 01:00, 02:00 our time.

at least the hockey times are better, except the matches scheduled at 12:00 local time so 03:00 AM here ...but we are speaking about olympics and especially the winter olympics, so I´ll watch even if I´ll not sleep anything :d

None of us, including you, cares about those early times, because we'll all wake up around 00:00-01:00 CET every Olympic day and go to sleep like 17:00 :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, dcro said:

"Spectacle" called mass start will be the last speed skating competition. :lol: Talk about an anticlimactic finish. :p

Oh boy, fantastic...let's finish the schedule with a race where intermediate sprints give points that only matter for the 4th place and further :lol:

And seeing the incredibly unfair new 500m rule, with only one instead of two races, just makes me even more sad about the speed skating program in Pyeongchang :mad:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

7 hours ago, hckosice said:

Interesting that womens alpine skiing program will start with Giant slalom and slalom. womens slalom already on first wednesday is quite unusual. 

Probably, because of the scarse resources in Korea, that don't allow them to have both the men and womens speed events on back-to-back days. 

3 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Probably, because of the scarse resources in Korea, that don't allow them to have both the men and womens speed events on back-to-back days. 

don´t know, but it´s really a strange schedulling, not usual at all. but nevermind whenever whatever will be I´ll be ready :d