Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

vlad

Football at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

kungshamra71    99

Congrats to Brazil!!!! I was expecting a "revenge", but Germsny has quite a team, they're future looks really bright indeed!

Not a 7-1, but still a sweet win, and a deserved Gold medal! :thumbup:

OlympicsFan    84
vor einer Stunde schrieb kungshamra71:

Congrats to Brazil!!!! I was expecting a "revenge", but Germsny has quite a team, they're future looks really bright indeed!

Not a 7-1, but still a sweet win, and a deserved Gold medal! :thumbup:

Would be nice to know how the brazilian fans feel about it, does that make up for the loss in 2014?

It was a fun tournament for Germany, although the result wasnt really important, because a lot of young players were able to train for the national team and to show whether they are ready to play for the national team or not. I am glad for our coach Horst Hrubesch who will retire now and i hope that we will try to qualify again in 2020 and maybe then this will be an official FIFA tournament, so that all nations will be able to play with their best team.

1 hora atrás, OlympicsFan disse:

Would be nice to know how the brazilian fans feel about it, does that make up for the loss in 2014?

The players are different, the scope of the tournament is also very different, so I believe there's not really much to compare other than the teams being Brazil and Germany. So, everybody is celebrating the gold medal for what it is, while the loss to Germany will remain what it is, as well. Very few people, if any, take the 7-1 seriously in Brazil. It has become a huge joke and everybody laughs at it. Here in Brazil we make fun of everything, including ourselves.

Griff88    93

feel sorry for :HON but the Nigerians also have no easy task just to play here, so I appreciate both sides.

And although I'm a big fan of Germany, I'm glad Brazil win and there is no 2nd Maracanazo :p

OlympicsFan    84
vor 9 Stunden schrieb thiago_simoes:

The players are different, the scope of the tournament is also very different, so I believe there's not really much to compare other than the teams being Brazil and Germany. So, everybody is celebrating the gold medal for what it is, while the loss to Germany will remain what it is, as well. Very few people, if any, take the 7-1 seriously in Brazil. It has become a huge joke and everybody laughs at it. Here in Brazil we make fun of everything, including ourselves.

Yes very true, the scope of the tournament was very different, but i like how much effort Brazil put into winning this. I really wonder what the german team wouldve looked like if Germany would have hosted this tournament.

By the way: Why did your previous post got deleted, did you insult people from Argentina in some way? :mumble:

2 horas atrás, OlympicsFan disse:

Yes very true, the scope of the tournament was very different, but i like how much effort Brazil put into winning this. I really wonder what the german team wouldve looked like if Germany would have hosted this tournament.

By the way: Why did your previous post got deleted, did you insult people from Argentina in some way? :mumble:

Nah, I only sent greetings to them, but I think someone thought this was offensive enough to get it deleted. Not a big deal, though.

Now, about football, it's funny because I remember that in 2012 not many people cared about the final match against Mexico. Now the football gold medal has become big news all over the place.