website statistics

Football at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

vlad

Etaro is the top scorer with four goals after the conclusion of Day -1. The next three players are all South Koreans!

Both Group A matches finished 0-0. All six other matches had at least two goals: five had at least four, and two had at least eight!

Outside of the 'Group of Boredom', Argentina are the only team not to score... along with minnows Fiji.

In qualifying, Fiji had the biggest win out of any team that qualified, beating FS Micronesia 37-0. But they suffered the biggest defeat today, losing 8-0 to the Republic of Korea.

But that huge score wasn't even the biggest match: Nigeria beat Japan 5-4. It was 2-2 after 12 minutes!

However, that doesn't beat Korea Republic's record! It took them one minute to score three goals against Fiji. The 63rd minute let two goals slip out of the Pacific Islanders' grasp.

Every top team, and bottom team, has some white on their flag. All or nothing colour.

Half the group's trailers were in Pot 1! Half the leaders were in Pot 2.

The two teams who qualified out of the East Asian zone (Republic of Korea, Japan) are also the only ones to have four different players all to score. Republic of Korea recorded the biggest victory, while Japan lost 5-4!

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold

I had previosly commented elsewhere in thhs site that expected Brazil to slaughter South Africa...and was only hoping that the embarrasment would not be a resukt of going into a double figure scoreline. There was only once previously where South Africa playing at home in a Friendly had Brazil down 1-3 with 10minutes to go..such excitement ths we were destined to conquer duch a talented soccer nation. It was not to be..they brought on substitutes and ended the match 4-3 Brazil..winners. So yesterday I had only slight hope..nothing short of a miracle would do..and so it happened...we were not unceremoniously dropped to underdog status..my hope for our whole Olympic team of our country has just opened up shining brightness. We held Brazil to a goaless draw. Shozaloza!!

It's been a long time since I was last here, but I usually post on Totallympics if I don't understand something on TV. Now the question is: There can be 3 overaged players at the male football tournament with 3 overage players. Where are the stars? The overage players are nameless nobodies. For example, I've never heard the German overaged players' names. The team would be much, much stronger if the overage players were Neuer, Thomas Müller and Özil. Neymar is the only overage player with a name I've heard of.

11 horas atrás, Felipe disse:

Olympic Goalmes :lol: 

I was at Engenhão seeing Honduras vs Algeria, the crowd tried to confort the algerian goalkeeper, he was very sad after two terrible mistakes :( after, by the way, this was a good game, lots of opportunities, Algeria could won the match.

After, Portugal vs Argentina, boring 1st half, 2nd half was much better and Portugal with their "D" U23 team played better than Argentina with some good players like Jonathan Calleri.

I'm not sure if what I'm gonna say is true, but as a TV espectator it sounded that a lot of brazilian were cheering for Portugal, was that right?

If yes, "Muito Obrigado"!! :p

Edited by kungshamra71

Think of it this way.

If you were Arsène Wenger, would you let Özil piss of to the Olympics for the first two weeks of the season?

Also, the point is to breed new talent: prepare the youngsters for a major tournament.

In brotherhood unfold

14 hours ago, hckosice said:

pfffff cmon this goaile is a real sifter...

@bestmen who the hell is this dude in your goal ?

not only the GK all this team is a trash collected from the street , they lost against Palestine 1-0

people were shocked about the choice of players.

ans this fifa why don't they add this event in the calendar , we have hundreds of good players in europe but the clubs refused to release them

that's why i predicted 3-0 for honduras , around 8-0 vs argentina and 6-0 vs portugal

Yesterday I noticed this but forgot to mention here: on Portugal's match, the shirt's names started to... go away at the middle of the game hahaha  :lol:

Camisolas da selecao portuguesa perderam letras no primeiro jogo (if you don't wanna use translate you can just see the images )

lol I thought I was the only one to notice it, and it was just something with my eyesight

In brotherhood unfold