Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

vlad

Football at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

Henry_Leon    68

It's pity this situations for Argentina :( (and AFA troubles don't help.....)

I don't think they will withdraw, but won't be one of "favourites".

The "bizarre" of the Olympic Men's Tournament is that are a "FIFA tournament" but clubs can denying their players :wacko: need a change for future, maybe U19 Men's tournament? (delete football isn't possible......)

George_D    32
34 minutes ago, Henry_Leon said:

The "bizarre" of the Olympic Men's Tournament is that are a "FIFA tournament" but clubs can denying their players :wacko: need a change for future, maybe U19 Men's tournament? (delete football isn't possible......)

i want also Argentina to stay on tournament even if they will not be favorites. Maybe its time for Brazil to take the gold for first time in Olympics. It now or never for them now at their home

Gianlu33    275
1 hour ago, Henry_Leon said:

Well, Olympics was created for the best athletes. I think that we need a radical change and FIFA must decide if they want stay in the Olympics whit the senior team or leave football from Olympic Games. 

8 hours ago, George_D said:

i want also Argentina to stay on tournament even if they will not be favorites. Maybe its time for Brazil to take the gold for first time in Olympics. It now or never for them now at their home

just like the world cup in their home in 1950 and 2014 huh ? :p   

7 hours ago, Gianlu33 said:

Well, Olympics was created for the best athletes. I think that we need a radical change and FIFA must decide if they want stay in the Olympics whit the senior team or leave football from Olympic Games. 

Agreed but no way the clubs will agree, not with the european championships the same year, world cup 2 years before, and you have the copa right around there as well, players will simply not have any breaks and thats the biggest issue.

they have to seriously restructure the whole calendar and have the olympics as the only tournament of that year, doubt that it will ever happen

George_D    32
7 hours ago, Gianlu33 said:

but from the other hand if senior team players allowed then Olympic tournament might become antagonized to world cup and this FIFA want to avoid. And personally i agree

LDOG    163

And we have a team:

GK: Geronimo Rulli (Real Sociedad/ESP), Axel Werner (Atlético Rafaela/ARG)

DF: Jose Luis Gomez (Lanus/ARG), Lautaro Gianetti (Velez/ARG), Leandro Vega (River/ARG), Lisandro Magallan (Boca Juniors/ARG), Alexis Soto (Banfield/ARG), Victor Cuesta (Independiente/ARG)

MF: Manuel Lanzini (West Ham/ENG), Lucas Romero (Cruzeiro/BRA), Santiago Ascacibar (Estudiantes/ARG), Mauricio Martínez (Rosario Central/ARG), Giovani Lo Celso (Rosario Central/ARG), Joaquin Correa (Sampdoria/ITA)

FW: Angel Correa (Atlético de Madrid/ESP), Luciano Vietto (Atlético de Madrid/ESP), Giovanni Simeone (River Plate/ARG), Cristian Espinoza (Huracán/ARG)

Pathetic team :lol: it has only 2 overage players (Rulli and Cuesta) because we couldn't even call a third. For instance we'll be missing our best three (!) U23 centre forwards no Dybala, Icardi or Calleri.

Combined with a shitty coach (he coached our women's team last years with disastrous results :d) this will result in a quick first round exit.

Gianlu33    275
5 minutes ago, LDOG said:

And we have a team:

DF: Jose Luis Gomez (Lanus/ARG), Lautaro Gianetti (Velez/ARG), Leandro Vega (River/ARG), Lisandro Magallan (Boca Juniors/ARG), Alexis Soto (Banfield/ARG), Victor Cuesta (Independiente/ARG)

MF: Manuel Lanzini (West Ham/ENG), Lucas Romero (Cruzeiro/BRA), Santiago Ascacibar (Estudiantes/ARG), Mauricio Martínez (Rosario Central/ARG), Giovani Lo Celso (Rosario Central/ARG), Joaquin Correa (Sampdoria/ITA)

FW: Angel Correa (Atlético de Madrid/ESP), Luciano Vietto (Atlético de Madrid/ESP), Giovanni Simeone (River Plate/ARG), Cristian Espinoza (Huracán/ARG)

Pathetic team :lol: it has only 2 overage players (Rulli and Cuesta) because we couldn't even call a third. For instance we'll be missing our best three (!) U23 centre forwards no Dybala, Icardi or Calleri.

Combined with a shitty coach (he coached our women's team last years with disastrous results :d) this will result in a quick first round exit.

Amazing news, Argentina will go in Rio :clap: In 2004 Greece has a patethic team too but they win the Europan Champ :p Good luck, i'll cheer for the Argentina's dreamz but only in football :p 

konig    107
13 minutes ago, LDOG said:

And we have a team:

is a really better team than i expected, you dont like Angel Correa or Lanzini?, i dont see any player with more than 23 years.....but at least WE HAVE A TEAM!!, you must be happy only for that and i more optimistic, our group is not a "dead group"

LDOG    163
hace 1 minuto, konig said:

is a really better team than i expected, you dont like Angel Correa or Lanzini?, i dont see any player with more than 23 years.....but at least WE HAVE A TEAM!!, you must be happy only for that and i more optimistic, our group is not a "dead group"

Who's gonna score the goals? Vietto? Gio? :lol: Also our best defender is Cuesta, that says it all (i'm Independiente fan).

dcro    736
22 minutes ago, LDOG said:

And we have a team:

You get to keep 200+ athletes on the positive side. :p